1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Emails not being sent

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by NickTMD, Jan 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

About a week ago I had the email system working. Today I noticed it was no longer working, and the only notable thing I have done is added a few domain records. One of these was an SRV Record and I believe the other was an A Record. Would this effect anything? I am using Google Apps if that helps, and through a few Google tests I think the SMTP is working.

Also, this may not be the right place to ask, but is there a way I could send the email manually just to make sure it is working?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

admin.php?users/email

3. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

I meant with Linux, sense it is not working with XenForo.

4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Check your mail server logs, normally /var/log/mail.*

5. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

There is an empty mail log that hasn't been updated sense 3 in the morning. There are other logs with info from when it was working about a week ago. I just tried sending emails with mailx I think it was, on CentOS, but I wasn't able to send any. That was likely due to not configuring it right though, as I don't think it would have worked in the first place if that were the case.

6. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

I found this log,
    Code:
    #0 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp/Auth/Login.php(95): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(235)
    #1 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(217): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp_Auth_Login->auth()
    #2 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(200): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->helo('localhost')
    #3 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
    #4 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #5 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
    #6 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #7 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(241): XenForo_Mail->send('nickk@miningdea...', '_Nickk')
    #8 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/LostPassword.php(84): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendPasswordResetRequest(Array)
    #9 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_LostPassword->actionLost()
    #10 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #11 /var/www/html/XenForo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    Is that of any use?

It also mentions this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754

Line of the error: Abstract.php:431

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  7. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

What's your mail server config @ admin.php?options/list/emailOptions
    If you're connecting to gmail directly to send your email, then visit gmail.com and ensure your admin.php?options/list/emailOptions logon/password credentials are working correctly

8. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

I tried changing the password a few times and when I log in it tells me I changed my password recently which seems to be where the links in the error messages are leading to, I don't want to paste them because it seems like they could be used to get into my account.

9. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

I've done similar things, trying it now.

Still not working, error message starts with Email to nickk@miningdead.com failed: 5.7.14 followed by a link. When I click it it brings me to the Google Mail sign in with a password in. When I click enter it says the password was changed less than an hour ago and doesn't work. When I type in the password again it works. Maybe this message will go away after it has been longer? Still, if a bigger forum ran into this issue there would have to be another way than just waiting it out I would think?

10. NickTMD

NickTMD Member

I found the solution, apparently it was with allowing secure apps in google. It's in a different area for apps accounts. Probably should have found it a lot earlier.

Also, I'm not sure how to add a Solved tag, if that even exists on this forums.