XF 1.5 Emails not being sent

NickTMD

About a week ago I had the email system working. Today I noticed it was no longer working, and the only notable thing I have done is added a few domain records. One of these was an SRV Record and I believe the other was an A Record. Would this effect anything? I am using Google Apps if that helps, and through a few Google tests I think the SMTP is working.

Also, this may not be the right place to ask, but is there a way I could send the email manually just to make sure it is working?

Last edited:
Check your mail server logs, normally /var/log/mail.*
There is an empty mail log that hasn't been updated sense 3 in the morning. There are other logs with info from when it was working about a week ago. I just tried sending emails with mailx I think it was, on CentOS, but I wasn't able to send any. That was likely due to not configuring it right though, as I don't think it would have worked in the first place if that were the case.

I found this log,
Code:
#0 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp/Auth/Login.php(95): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(235)
#1 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(217): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp_Auth_Login->auth()
#2 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(200): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->helo('localhost')
#3 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#4 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#5 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#6 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#7 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(241): XenForo_Mail->send('nickk@miningdea...', '_Nickk')
#8 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/LostPassword.php(84): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendPasswordResetRequest(Array)
#9 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_LostPassword->actionLost()
#10 /var/www/html/XenForo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /var/www/html/XenForo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()

Is that of any use?

It also mentions this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754

Line of the error: Abstract.php:431

Last edited:
What's your mail server config @ admin.php?options/list/emailOptions
If you're connecting to gmail directly to send your email, then visit gmail.com and ensure your admin.php?options/list/emailOptions logon/password credentials are working correctly

I tried changing the password a few times and when I log in it tells me I changed my password recently which seems to be where the links in the error messages are leading to, I don't want to paste them because it seems like they could be used to get into my account.

What's your mail server config @ admin.php?options/list/emailOptions
If you're connecting to gmail directly to send your email, then visit gmail.com and ensure your admin.php?options/list/emailOptions logon/password credentials are working correctly
I've done similar things, trying it now.

Still not working, error message starts with Email to nickk@miningdead.com failed: 5.7.14 followed by a link. When I click it it brings me to the Google Mail sign in with a password in. When I click enter it says the password was changed less than an hour ago and doesn't work. When I type in the password again it works. Maybe this message will go away after it has been longer? Still, if a bigger forum ran into this issue there would have to be another way than just waiting it out I would think?

I found the solution, apparently it was with allowing secure apps in google. It's in a different area for apps accounts. Probably should have found it a lot earlier.

Also, I'm not sure how to add a Solved tag, if that even exists on this forums.

Top Bottom