XF 1.1 Emails going as plain text

Pride1760

Hi,

All automatic emails (watched threads, email confirmation, new registrations, etc..) sent from my board have that blue box that contains the message along with other info about unsubscribing, etc..

However, when I am sending an email to all users by going to Admin CP-->Users-->Email Users, the email is being sent as plain text with just the email message and absolutely nothing else.

Is this normal behaviour? I thought the blue box was the default template and any emails I sent would be in it. If it is normal behaviour, how can I send emails that look like the other automatic emails?

Thanks!

OK, just wanted to confirm if this was normal. Prior to 1.1, the emails I sent had the default styling. But now it looks like I will have to edit every email I send to insert the styling HTML :(

By the way, you wouldn't happen to have the default template HTML lying around, would you? :p
Because I just searched for it and enabling debug mode seems to require some file editing etc which I am not very comfortable with.

There are lots of email templates so you need to choose the one you want.

Enabling debug mode is very simple.
Edit the library/config.php file and add the following:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

OK, I will take a look at that. Thanks for such fast response, Brogan!

From another thread, I found that I can access the templates at: Admin CP -> Development -> Email Templates

Is there any way that once I get the styling, I can make it the default for any future emails I manually send?

Sounds like the default template should be available ? but with the option to choose another ?

I think I am the only person in the world whom only allows Plain Text emails.
Always seemed like a security problem to allow HTML.
Is that old school thinking ? :)

I finally got the template and sent the mail, however, I got this error:

Server Error

fwrite() [function.fwrite]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php at line 324
  2. Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_send() in Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php at line 385
  3. Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->quit() in Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php at line 144
  4. Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->__destruct() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEmailSend() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/pride1760/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I was sending the mail to just 400 members (1 user group).
Is this something that I need to contact my Hosting Company about?

So you mean my host is limiting me from sending out these emails?

I have sent a mail to them as well. Waiting for their response.

@Brogan: email settings are fine, I think, because all other mails are getting delivered.

Also, this is not the first time that I have sent an email to around 400 members. I don't know what has happened this time. First, the message is not being sent in the default template and now this error :(

Top Bottom