Resource icon

Email Users: HTML emails 0.0.2

No permission to download
@Arty

Hey Arty... is there anyway to use this to enable BBCode to parse in the reply email notifications?

I am already using Email Customizer, but our reply notifications are not parsing BBCode.

I was under the impression from your reply over in the Email Customizer discussion that this would do the trick.

Thanks,
Sonnie

I misunderstood your post, thought you were talking about emails sent from forum admin panel. This add-on parses bbcode in messages sent from admin panel using mass mail function.

For topic reply notifications XenForo should already do that automatically. What bbcode isn't being parsed on your forum?

The only one I have noticed is the star rating for our movie reviews... shows up as the bbcode coding in the emails...

EDIT: If it makes a difference... these are loaded as smilies.

I create some others for testing to see if it is all bbcode or just select ones.

upload_2017-7-6_17-22-11.webp

You can use code replacement function in email customizer to replace those stars. Go to admin panel -> appearance -> email customizer. Click edit button for your email style, in navigation select custom replacements. In "search for" field put :3.5stars:, in replacement field put image html code or whatever its supposed to be replaced with.

@Arty

Does this work on the new Xenforo 2.0
And/Or is there planned support for this once the official support XF 2.0 comes?

If the author or anyone knows the answer that would be great!

No 1.x addons work on 2.0. They all have to be completely re-written from the ground up to work on 2.0 (it is completely different)

Don't know yet. I haven't really looked into how emails work in XenForo 2 because new styles framework is priority.

@Arty

Since version XF 1.521, there is a new variable in XF for unsubscribing:

{unsub}

This does not work with this addon in HTML. The {name} variable works though...

Top Bottom