1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email Users: HTML emails 0.0.1

New options for sending HTML email to users.

1. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Arty submitted a new resource:

Email Users: HTML emails - New options for sending HTML email to users.

Read more about this resource...

Aivaras, Sunka and Mirovinger like this.
  2. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

Are the ACP screenshots of a page other than the ACP -> Email Users screen, or an extension/modification to it?

3. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Those are screenshots of that page with new options.

Floyd R Turbo likes this.
  4. Floyd R Turbo

I was expecting to see a "preview" window in the ACP based on the screenshots in the overview...I take it that was not intended to imply that was incorporated on the ACP page? Or is that not working with 1.5.8?

5. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Preview is incorporated in ACP page, but its not shown by default. It will automatically appear if you select one of new email options and write some email content.

6. Floyd R Turbo

huh...that's what I did...maybe I didn't do it right. Oh well too tired, will try it tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply

7. Korny

Korny Member

Does this not work properly with XF 1.4.10 as I am not seeing the bottom 3 options.

8. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

It was designed for 1.5, I haven't tested it with older versions.

9. Korny

Korny Member

Ok, so it doesn't look like the other 3 options are there for 1.4.10. Anyway you can look into adding those 3 options for my older version, or just not worth it?

Thanks for the add on as I have been want to use the default XF email wrap for my mass emails.

10. Korny

Korny Member

Also, when doing a manual mass email with this add on, how would I be able to add on the unsubscribe link like the one that is sent out by default like below -

"If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails."

11. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

I've compared code in 1.5.9 to 1.4.10, its pretty much identical. Add-on should work with 1.4.10. Maybe you forgot to change options? New options are shown only if you set email format to "BB Code" or "Plain text and HTML".

Unsubscribe notice: you'll need to add it to end of message. Link it to preferences page.

12. Korny

Korny Member

It doesn't give me the drop down for the other 3 options in 1.4.1 as it does on my 1.5.5 version. Also, when I choose BB code or Plain text and try to send the emails, it goes to a white screen and doesn't email anything. I got this to work perfectly on my 1.5.5 but haven't been able to get it to work on my 1.4.10

Thanks