Email Subscription

Email Subscription 3.0

No permission to download

AndyB

Automated Bounced Email Handler for guests:

If you will offer guests the ability to subscribe to your Email Subscription and you have configured "Automated Bounced Email Handler" in XenForo, you can automatically eliminate those invalid email addresses from the Email Subscription by adding the following code.

Adds ability to automatically remove guest email subscriptions from add-on Email Subscription if email bounces.

XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php

Line 15

PHP:
        $recipient = $bounce->getRecipient();
        if ($recipient)
        {
            $userId = $this->_getDb()->fetchOne('SELECT user_id FROM xf_user WHERE email = ?', $recipient);
            if (!$userId)
            {
                //########################################
                // start hack
                // get database
                $db = XenForo_Application::get('db');
                // delete row if older than 30 days
                $db->query("
                    DELETE FROM xf_email_subscription
                    WHERE email = ?
                ",$recipient);
                // end hack
                $userId = null;
            }
        }

Last edited:
What about a HTML email like constantcontact.com
Do you think thats something that could be created for xenforo?

What about a HTML email like constantcontact.com
Do you think thats something that could be created for xenforo?
The email is formatted with html. There's a screen shot of how it looks on the Overview page. You could probably change the format by editing the template if you wanted.

This is a very good idea. I would however change it to a weekly email with the past weeks top 20 new threads. Every day is a bit much. thanks!!

Will it only list topics in forums that each user is allowed to access, or do I need to specify those private nodes in the Exclude Forums field in the configuration?

Last edited:
Could you please update this to give an option to have everybody subscribed to it already by defualt? thanks.

Agreed. That option would be great.

This is a very good idea. I would however change it to a weekly email with the past weeks top 20 new threads. Every day is a bit much. thanks!!

+1. For many members, a daily mail is too much. A weekly mail is fine IMHO. For reduce the number you can give a option to choice the number of threads in the mail for the admin. In alternative, 1 thread for every forum.

Love this Andy thank you..

Would be nice if members could have a choice of what categories they want notified about..

I think daily is just fine as it is..

Hi Andy, any chance you could make a wf widget renderer so we can put the form where you subscribe anywhere on the site, for example on the sidebars? Would be fantastic.

Keep up the great work. Love seeing your contributions to the community.

It looks like a couple of phrases are missing. I see this in my email:
emailsubscription_forum
emailsubscription_title
emailsubscription_unsubscribe_link

Top Bottom