XF 1.1 Email styling - thread update messages

jauburn

I'm impressed with the styling of email messages that xenforo sends out to notify of thread responses. However, how do I customize the colors of those to match our forum?

If I want to change to standard blue email color to green...do I:
1. Turn off forum.
2. Enable debug mode from editing the library/config.php
3. Find the email template and change blue to green. (What is its name?)

Or how do I do this? Is it difficult?

If I want to change to standard blue email color to green...do I:
1. Turn off forum.
2. Enable debug mode from editing the library/config.php
3. Find the email template and change blue to green. (What is its name?)

Or how do I do this? Is it difficult?
1. You do not need to turn off the forum.
2. Yes, enable debug mode.
3. You may be able to do what you need to in the MAIL_CONTAINER template. All e-mail templates use the MAIL_CONTAINER template so that might be all you need to change.

So, again, you don't need to turn the forum off. Just make sure you disable debug mode after you're finished with it.

1. You do not need to turn off the forum.
2. Yes, enable debug mode.
3. You may be able to do what you need to in the MAIL_CONTAINER template. All e-mail templates use the MAIL_CONTAINER template so that might be all you need to change.

So, again, you don't need to turn the forum off. Just make sure you disable debug mode after you're finished with it.
Holy smoke - it worked! Thank you so much, very much appreciated, Chris. :)

phhhfff.... o_O

are you guys telling me that I need to enable debug-mode in order to change the colors in the Email (which is being send out to the user on new Private Conversations messages, etc.) from default blue to green ? :confused:

Come on, this should be made easier if I just want to change the colors of it. I do not want to go in debug mode and mess up something just to change the default XF-colors.
There should be a "CSS-file for Email-template" for this to make customizations of colors easier.

:barefoot:

Top Bottom