1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Email Styling

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by PetForums, Apr 22, 2015.

1. PetForums

PetForums Member

Hi All, I have recently moved my vbulletin forum over xenforo. I was just wondering how do we customize the style of emails we send out?

I used a theme for the forum, but when registration and other emails are sent out, what is the best way to customize the look and feel of the emails and add your logo to them?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The email templates are only available in debug mode.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Enable debug mode and edit the email templates. Keep in mind, though, that updates will overwrite your changes.

4. Brogan

Not if email template modifications are utilised.

Amaury likes this.
  5. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

@Brogan

Is there a resource or anything that describes how to use email template modifications? I too would like to modify the templates but always thought they would get overwritten during upgrades and didn't want to bother :)

6. Brogan

7. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

Thanks... daunting but I guess I need to figure it out at some point :)

8. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

I thought I would ask this here instead of creating another thread.

Where can I change the styling for these elements in the e-mails?

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 02.08.25.jpg

I've removed all the styling to everything else in the e-mail templates, but I can't find these elements anywhere.

9. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

I have the same problem like @RichardKYA (have you solved it yet?)

It seems like if there is a quoted text inside a thread reply eMail, that the eMail template placeholder "{xen:raw $reply.messageHtml}" (for example) does not use the current selected Style CSS from the frontend but the default style only. I was able to completely adapt the eMails via template mods to my design but this is the bottleneck.

Is there any chance to tweak this? And if yes, where do I have to look?

10. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Well-Known Member

11. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

@RichardKYA I will copy it over there. Mutual support. (y)

RichardKYA likes this.