XF 1.2 Email SMTP problem!

Talon Senatu

Hey there,

My members don't get any email sent from the forum, I searched everywhere but nothing worked.

These are my settings:
emailprob.png

Anyone here knows the issue?

Your email provider is refusing your server and thus cannot send emails. I would verify your SMTP settings. After that, you will need to contact your provider to determine a root cause of the rejection.

I already contacted my webhost and this was their reply:

Dear Talon,

Thank you for contacting Professional Hosting Services. I understand you are writing in about issues with your hosting account not sending out email.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the application that you have specified. For assistance in this matter, please reply with the specific requirements of the application, and we will be able to tell you if this is compatible with our systems. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

If you use the mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides mail() in your PHP code, use relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.

NOTE: A maximum of 1000 emails per day are allowed through our relay servers.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Ron E.

Professional Hosting Services

Your SMTP server is rejecting the connection. You need to determine why it is rejecting it if you have verified your information is correct.

For an e-mail service provider to say they aren't "familiar with that application" frankly shows their ineptitude.

They provide an SMTP server. XenForo is acting as an SMTP client. They don't need to know anything about XenForo. It's not like you need help setting up nodes and editing templates. You have an SMTP client that can't connect to their SMTP server. If they can't troubleshoot that, I'd recommend finding a different supplier.

For an e-mail service provider to say they aren't "familiar with that application" frankly shows their ineptitude.

They provide an SMTP server. XenForo is acting as an SMTP client. They don't need to know anything about XenForo. It's not like you need help setting up nodes and editing templates. You have an SMTP client that can't connect to their SMTP server. If they can't troubleshoot that, I'd recommend finding a different supplier.

That's what we are going to do. Our contract runs for another month, then we'll switch.

But I need an alternative for now.

It used to be free.

Anyway. There's unfortunately not much more you can do.

Unless you have an SMTP service you can use, you're going to have to use the one from the current host so you'll have to keep on at them until they fix it.

Top Bottom