email program? What to use question.

Google Apps FTW... Use it with every domain I have, it only requires parking the exsisisting domain onto the same account and it just works... love it..

I wish Google would release a downloadable mail client styled like their web mail. I love the Gmail interface, and the way it threads, but using multiple web mail accounts or trying to merge all of my email accounts into one would be a nightmare.

I wish Google would release a downloadable mail client styled like their web mail. I love the Gmail interface, and the way it threads, but using multiple web mail accounts or trying to merge all of my email accounts into one would be a nightmare.

Personally I just have each of my gmail accounts open as pinned tabs in chrome... This allows for easy access to any of my inboxes (I have three main inboxes) and as my browser is always open it is also easy to manage.

Main Inboxes include :-
  • Personal Email (all my personal domains point to this account then add labels depending on the domain)
  • Company email for one client
  • Company email for another client

Here is a screen of what I mean...

Screenshot.png

Personally I just have each of my gmail accounts open as pinned tabs in chrome... This allows for easy access to any of my inboxes (I have three main inboxes) and as my browser is always open it is also easy to manage.

Main Inboxes include :-
  • Personal Email (all my personal domains point to this account then add labels depending on the domain)
  • Company email for one client
  • Company email for another client
Here is a screen of what I mean...

Screenshot.png

That's quite neat. How are you notified of new mail?

That's quite neat. How are you notified of new mail?

Because the page title changes, the tabs flash/the favicon's bounce (this keeps changing with each update of chrome) but I regularly check the inboxes anyway, it is also not in your face popup's etc so it is possible to ignore emails completely when doing something else.

Oh well, I can't really say which client I use most often. But all clients I use use IMAP all the time. No matter if it's Roundcube, Thunderbird or my Palm Pre.

I've used Outlook for as long as I can remember.
When I use Round cube on the server I need to log into each account at different times because I cannot log into more than 1 account at a time.

Is it possible to be logged into more than one account using outlook? "Logged in" may not be the best term, I understand everything is done offline then up/down loaded.

When I use Round cube on the server I need to log into each account at different times because I cannot log into more than 1 account at a time.

Is it possible to be logged into more than one account using outlook? "Logged in" may not be the best term, I understand everything is done offline then up/down loaded.
You can setup multiple accounts and have all the mail download at the same time. When you go to send an email you choose which account to send it from.

I don't know much about Outlook, but using Thunderbird and IMAP you can setup all your email accounts to access all your accounts at once. The latest Thunderbird version even has a Unified Folders feature which combines all your Inboxes in a single virtual Inbox. Alternatively you can dispay the different Inboxes separately of course.

Top Bottom