email program? What to use question.

Is it possible to be logged into more than one account using outlook? "Logged in" may not be the best term, I understand everything is done offline then up/down loaded.
As others have already said, you just configure Outlook to use as many accounts as you want.

I have it configured with about 10 different email addresses, from different domains, each with a different send/receive address and different incoming and outgoing server addresses.

I also have multiple rules set up so email is automatically filtered into the relevant folders.

Great info :)

If I use Thunderbird / IMAP, would the outgoing mail be as problematic as Outlook when sending emails?
I hope someone can help. : )

Background:
Clearly I am an email noob, I've only been using web based email, for many years for a few reasons. And since our forum has started, I've been using Round Cube. Which is not great.

My current problem is this: my internet service provider seems to block our hosting accounts mail server when sending emails, so I am supposed to use a special ISP provided smtp mail server which does not seem to work. Even if it does work that seems to create an unnecessary link between the mail on our hosting account, and using mail.

Specifically, my ISP is ATT, I am supposed to use smtp.att.yahoo.com as the outgoing mail server... and for any reason I become unhappy with ATT and need to change to something else, I need to use a different outgoing mail server for the next ISP... which may have a different set of problems.

That is why I have used web based email all these years. From my viewpoint, the ISP provider I use to access the internet really should not affect email on our hosting account.

from my experience Thunderbird handle IMAP much better compared to Outlook.

you might also want to check out Postbox Express which is similar to Thunderbird with some added features.

Even the latest Windows Live Mail Beta is pretty cool if you are not used to Mozilla user interface.

Top Bottom