Email Help

Zackerykr

I've tried multiple times to get help here, and all attempts have turned up nothing. So here goes nothing XD

I've tried to set up my forums with email (Provided by gmail with an @gmail account name) and the -f thing for the email (Full config below).

email.png

So all of that seems to look correct to me. What am I doing wrong?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, now that I looked at it I saw that I am getting an error (Posted Blow). I did just setup my site, yes, but for about the third time. I'm hosting this off of my home system (If you need specs, I'll list them. It's not hosted off of a tower.), and no it's not shared.

Code:
Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: SMTP server response: 550 The address is not valid. - library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:15 AM
Stack Trace

#0 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#3 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Model\UserConfirmation.php(124): XenForo_Mail->send('zackruybal@hotm...', 'Emgim')
#5 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\Register.php(255): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#6 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#7 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 C:\wamp\www\main\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State

array (size=3)
  'url' => string 'http://skylorenations.com/main/index.php?register/register' (length=58)
  '_GET' =>
    array (size=1)
      'register/register' => string '' (length=0)
  '_POST' =>
    array (size=13)
      'username' => string 'Emgim' (length=5)
      'email' => string 'zackruybal@hotmail.com' (length=22)
      'password' => string 'nopecantseethis' (length=12)
      'password_confirm' => string 'nopecantseethis' (length=12)
      'dob_month' => string '4' (length=1)
      'dob_day' => string '10' (length=2)
      'dob_year' => string '1990' (length=4)
      'gender' => string 'male' (length=4)
      'timezone' => string 'America/Denver' (length=14)
      'recaptcha_challenge_field' => string '03AHJ_VusaAV77bwpd7JHIOkq32I4zUJJY3w5BRoEoGxdGyOKPw9k0urKreYSLMMDBmFRWPxe3ewO3qN7bPa-TDpjzHkEj91KEDt-tyYCn3TNnBjLKQW9bMRAVEXbWVHLdB6qRB3ln5M-FXcumrt4UNcp9wWO8QjpgHuoIZOStsFyo0OMLRdTrO7k' (length=185)
      'recaptcha_response_field' => string 'Sheldon bulbute' (length=15)
      'agree' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfToken' => string '' (length=0)

Zack,

Since this is your own hosted system, and you are using the built-in sendmail function to send mail, I'd guess you have something malconfigured in your php settings (check your php.ini file) or you have something in your firewall blocking the outgoing mail.

What happens when you configure smtp and use pop settings instead of the default sendmail option. Have you tried that? Do you have a pop account to test with?

I don't, and I've had various problems with that in the past. I've tried to do my own server before, but it didn't work out that well. And every time I try and set up the SMTP servers, they don't work. If you could explain how I would go about doing that, it would be helpful.... If ya don't mind lol. Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob to all of this.

Zach,

I had the same problem the best thing you can do to stop the error is do exactly what i have in the following screen shot that i made for you that will stop the error and start working for you then. If it still does not work for you let me know

Screen_Shot_2013_02_12_at_12_22_40_AM.png

Ok, now I'm getting this.

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? - library\Zend\Mail\Protocol\Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Emgim, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Protocol\Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('ssl://smtp.gmai...')
#1 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#5 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Model\UserConfirmation.php(124): XenForo_Mail->send('zackruybal@hotm...', 'Emgim')
#7 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#8 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#9 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 C:\wamp\www\main\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array (size=3)
  'url' => string 'http://skylorenations.com/main/index.php?account-confirmation/resend' (length=68)
  '_GET' =>
    array (size=1)
      'account-confirmation/resend' => string '' (length=0)
  '_POST' =>
    array (size=5)
      '_xfToken' => string '2,1360647564,1dee094ecb383ab2e2fc145592b9da0314fa33e7' (length=53)
      '_xfConfirm' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfRequestUri' => string '/main/index.php?forum/' (length=22)
      '_xfNoRedirect' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfResponseType' => string 'json' (length=4)

Keep it simple Zack.

Once you get it working with a basic setup, then you can play with gmail and ssl. Just plug in your pop email settings using unencrypted setup and standard port 25. If you don't have a pop account, let me know. I can send you credentials to use one of mine for testing. Once you get your outbound mail working with basic settings, then you can try turning on encryption.

Top Bottom