XF 2.2 Email help

Awani

I am new to xF.

Send email to members not working. Contact email not working.

Is this something with where I host it? Any suggestions?

This is most likely your issue... your server has to be configured to allow PHP to send mail into the wide world to begin with. The second issue is it's not reliable and you have to be SURE your DNS MX related records are set correctly, even more-so than with SMTP.
If you are on shared hosting, or using a VPS with a panel and have the ability to create email accounts, you have the ability to use SMTP. I'd suggest using it instead.

Ok I added the SMTP details like port etc. in the ACP Email page. I tried to reset password on log in to see if I got email. I still don't.

Note: I host the email not in the same place as where xF is hosted. Don't know if that matters. I ain't skilled at all with these technical bits.

There are so many different factors that can affect receiving email.
If you don't have your DNS entries for DKIM, SPF and such configured correctly, most major mail providers will block it.
It's honestly not as simple as getting an email account with SMTP access and then sending to the world.
And yes, the email being hosted elsewhere can have an affect on delivery abililty.
If you want to see what the issues are, there is a great site for testing email deliverability.

Top Bottom