Email for update

teletubbi

Yesterday the new version was released.
I just received the email about this.
24 hours later.

Should that not be more in time?

Thinking of a probably security fix. If I am not online here I know this first 24 hours later.

Emails are typically sent a day or two after the release.

Surely it's not that urgent that you must upgrade the second it comes out?

If it's that important to you, watch the announcements forum with email notification.

It takes time to send 90,000 + emails.

What I would do, is use the RSS feature, and post any threads made in the announcement forum on here into a staff forum on your site. That way you get all the latest announcements posted on your site as son as your cron runs. ;)

In addition to watching the forum, plus RSS as mentioned above, there's Twitter and Facebook.

So multiple ways to find out almost immediately.

What I would do, is use the RSS feature, and post any threads made in the announcement forum on here into a staff forum on your site. That way you get all the latest announcements posted on your site as son as your cron runs. ;)
Definitely an option. Watching the forum is the easiest, though, and it's near enough instant.

Definitely an option. Watching the forum is the easiest, though, and it's near enough instant.

I tend to watch the forum, do the RSS also. On another forum platform, too many people complain they don't get the email, or its late or the dog ate it, etc.

IMO as a serious forum admin, it is your responsibility to ensure you know as soon as there is a update, and there are many ways to do this. ;) Don't always and only rely on a email.

Secretly its because we force Chris to send all the emails, by hand, one at a time. Sorry, we'll make him work faster next time :)

However it has always been that way, the emails go out a while after the release.

Top Bottom