XF 1.3 Email conformation taking a few hours!

palmer

Hi guys,

I have got a number of complaints about users conformation emails taking anywhere from 10 hours to 24 hours.. it used to be instant now for some reason its slowed down completely.. has this happened to anyone? thanks!

That would likely be related to the actual email sending on the server -- there may be a configuration that is queueing it. You would need to ask your host about that.

Alternatively, you could look at using an SMTP server, though we generally recommend the default PHP method given a choice.

Take a quick look at Mandrill (by MailChimp), I don't know how many emails you send every month but Mandrill is free for the first 12,000.

I've used it for a few months and it's working great for me, I know a few others here also recommend it.

Take a quick look at Mandrill (by MailChimp), I don't know how many emails you send every month but Mandrill is free for the first 12,000.

I've used it for a few months and it's working great for me, I know a few others here also recommend it.
Cheers, will check it out. I use mailchimp for my blog anyway :)

That would likely be related to the actual email sending on the server -- there may be a configuration that is queueing it. You would need to ask your host about that.

Alternatively, you could look at using an SMTP server, though we generally recommend the default PHP method given a choice.
But if it was to do with my host why would it only start now? Been a steady flow of members now giant influx

Configuration change, or they throttle the amount of emails being sent over a given time period. If you're having a large influx, it sounds like your email sending pattern may have changed significantly.

Top Bottom