1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Email conformation taking a few hours!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by palmer, Feb 4, 2014.

1. palmer

palmer Member

Hi guys,

I have got a number of complaints about users conformation emails taking anywhere from 10 hours to 24 hours.. it used to be instant now for some reason its slowed down completely.. has this happened to anyone? thanks!
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What method are you using to send emails?
  3. palmer

palmer Member

Just the standard set up, didn't change or edit anything.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That would likely be related to the actual email sending on the server -- there may be a configuration that is queueing it. You would need to ask your host about that.

Alternatively, you could look at using an SMTP server, though we generally recommend the default PHP method given a choice.
  5. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Take a quick look at Mandrill (by MailChimp), I don't know how many emails you send every month but Mandrill is free for the first 12,000.

I've used it for a few months and it's working great for me, I know a few others here also recommend it.
  6. palmer

palmer Member

Cheers, will check it out. I use mailchimp for my blog anyway :)
  7. palmer

palmer Member

But if it was to do with my host why would it only start now? Been a steady flow of members now giant influx
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Configuration change, or they throttle the amount of emails being sent over a given time period. If you're having a large influx, it sounds like your email sending pattern may have changed significantly.
    palmer likes this.