XF 1.1 Email confirmation failed - Network is unreachable

dronell

Hi All

I have been struggling to fix my email confirmation.

1. I was using default email, but it's not working, i keep getting unable to send email.
2. I tried to setup SMTP option, using my shared hosting smtp setup, but then i get different error
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: "Your IP: 199.188.200.60 : Your domain is not allowed in header From" - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431

3. i set up google apps, and use smtp setup on one of the thread, now i am getting the following error message: - network is unreachable :(

can anyone help me :)

Server Error Log

Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Network is unreachable - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: babiguling99, Yesterday at 10:21 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('ssl://smtp.gmai...')
#1 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#5 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(136): XenForo_Mail->send('babiguling99@gm...', 'babiguling99')
#7 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#8 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(313): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#9 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/idwxqrce/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

1. You would need to contact your host about this to get the server's mail logs for a mail that failed.

2. It's possible this may be related to the setup of 1, but you need to check with your host about their SMTP limitations. It sounds like they limit the FROM header to a particular domain, which is normally the "Default Email Address" (though in contact emails, it's different). You'd need to change that option to that domain.

3. Again, it sounds like your host is limiting outbound connections from the server. You'd need to contact them regarding it.

Top Bottom