1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elasticsearch Indexing Failed

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by Joe Link, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

I just updated Elasticsearch, then tried to re-index. Indexing failed with this error. If I need to check the server log, can someone tell me how to go about that?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

AdminCP > Tools > Server Error log.

Post the error up.

3. Joe Link

Thanks @Slavik. There are actually 8 different entries, that all look very similar. I'll post the two that look like they're most different from each other.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It looks like you may have an add-on that allows multiple prefixes. The author would need to see what changes are needed for elasticsearch then.

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

6. Joe Link

Thanks for the info guys, hopefully he'll offer a suggestion.

I don't actually use that plugin, would it be worthwhile to uninstall it and try running the index again?

7. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I don't have access to elastic search or a server that I can install it on. If you'd like to give me ftp access I'll try to take a look later.

8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yup

9. Joe Link

I appreciate the offer, Daniel. I'd rather not waste your time, if I can just get this uninstalled.

I tried to uninstall it via the AdminCP, here's the error I got.

10. Joe Link

Hmm, I'm not sure if it worked or not (due to the error), but it's not on the add-on list now.

Should I try running the index now?

11. Daniel Hood

Yes, that error makes sense because it's changing the field type of the table. Run the index again and you should be good.

12. Joe Link

Thanks, I'll try that. I just went into the tools section, clicked the Rebuild Caches square, and this error popped up before I could click rebuild search index.

I'm going to run the rebuild now.

13. Joe Link

No luck, here's the error.

14. Joe Link

Any ideas guys? I can't add new nodes now...

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's possible the add-on didn't change the data structure back as expected (changing the type of data stored in a default column is a really bad/dangerous idea...). If that's the case, then the mix of data types would still be in the DB.

In terms of the index though, because of this, you'd need to choose the option to empty the index before proceeding.

16. Daniel Hood

If you provide me ftp and mysql access, I'll fix the issue for you (or at the very least, try my best).