ElasticSearch help for a server migration

Ludachris

I'm moving my XF 1.4 installation from a server running PHP 5.3 to a server with PHP 5.4. The source server is running ElasticSearch 1.5.1. The target server was downgraded to run that older version of ES but the search is still spitting out these errors:

Code:
Server Error

Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 845
2. XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError() in XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php at line 305
3. XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearch() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/Abstract.php at line 115
4. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_Abstract->searchGeneral() in XenForo/Search/Searcher.php at line 79
5. XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchGeneral() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php at line 235
6. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch() in XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php at line 30
7. XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sitename/public_html/index.php at line 13

The host thinks it's due to a PHP version conflict and is asking if I want to downgrade PHP to 5.3 to fix the search. I'm planning on upgrading XF, Enhanced Search, add-ons, etc after the migration. Suggestions on the best steps to take for this migration?

So essentially, if I just upgraded the XFES I'm running (1.1.1) to 1.1.3 on the older XF 1.4.3 installation it should fix the issue? I can try that on the target server to test.

I just don't want to get stuck in a situation where I'm forced to run a core script update immediately after the migration to fix the search, as the upgrade will likely be a long drawn out process due to all the add-ons. I'd hate for the search to not work throughout the process.

Top Bottom