ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I'm glad to see that work is put into a XF2.2 release of this great add-on :) Any ETA date yet? :unsure: It is the last add-on I'm waiting for before I can make the jump from XF2.1 to 2.2. Keep up the great work (y)

Hello @Xon!

We're anxiously awaiting ESE's update, so I just wanted to check in to see if you had a date in which we might see release of ESE for XF 2.2.x. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zig
When "Enable accent removal and character simplification" is unchecked, it still adds asciifolding filter to elasticess_autocomplete_index and elasticess_autocomplete_search, although asciifolding filter is properly not present in default analyzer.

Last edited:
I just got an e-mail that my license is expiring on Mar 9, 2021 at 7:46 AM. Hope we get the update before that time :(
My plan is to extend everyone's license by 3 months or so to account for the delays in release

When "Enable accent removal and character simplification" is unchecked, it still adds asciifolding filter to elasticess_autocomplete_index and elasticess_autocomplete_search, although asciifolding filter is properly not present in default analyzer.
That option didn't exist when the code was initially written, I'll make it respect that option for the next version

It has been something I've been wanting to implement but haven't had the time. Likely sometime after the XF2.2 update. which is getting very close, just tracking down a minor compatibility issue with the "suggest thread" feature when creating threads and it will be good to be released :)

Xon updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

3.6.0 - XenForo 2.2+ compatibility and feature update

This is a XenForo 2.2 and 2.1 compatible release, and due to the unexpected time taken an extra 4 months have been added to existing license holders

• Require php 7.0+
  • Now depends on Standard Library by Xon
  • Now depends on Browser detection
  • If installed, require Redis View Counters v2.1.0+
  • Fix incorrectly displaying deleted results that where deleted after the search was started and "Enable suggestions only for the first page...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
season 4 starz GIF by Outlander

Xon, not only thank you for this great update we all waited for, but also thank you for your generosity. With the new addition of 4 months my license now expires on 10th March (what a coincidence :D), which means I got basically a free update. I will renew my license nevertheless to support you, thanks. Much appreciated, one of the few great developers left in the scene, I hope you never leave us. Have a nice week.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 2.2 update, @Xon, just renewed my existing licenses and picked up an additional one tonight.

For the auto-complete in the navbar search box, should I be getting results back for words that only appear in posts (message body) and not in any titles?

The auto-complete in the search navbar only operates on the title, not the message body (aka posts)

Top Bottom