ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
What style are you using? Can you try with the stock XenForo style?

Have you set the "Enable Autocomplete for mobiles" to true? The default is false.

I am using the UI.X Pro theme.
You're right, when I switch to the default theme, it seems to work.
Do you have any idea where I should look at to fix this?

Thanks

My guess is it is broken with UI.X styles, I'll need to grab the latest version and see what is wrong.

Thank you so much for the awesome release! Would it be possible to implement similar threads when filling out Snog's Advanced Form add-on fields?

For example, I have a set of fields to complete which are then turned into a thread after submit, it'd be awesome if one of these fields (let's say the "Title" field) could display a list of similar threads.

It would be so awesome!

Very nice job once again btw :)

That would require some customization (php & templates work), I'm not sure when I'ld be open to work on it as nearly all of this January is already booked out my RL job.

Yes please, I'll need details on the style you are using.

Be aware I have reduced availability until next Monday.
Understood. Will do, but first I have an issue resetting my password on your site, I don't receive the password reset email at all and my old password isn't working for some reason.
I sent you a private message about it - when you get a chance... Thanks!

It seems non zero value for "Cache time" is ignored. Whatever I put there, it still shows cached similar threads when viewing the thread.

Is there a way to force deleting the cache? Tried restarting Redis but no change.

It seems non zero value for "Cache time" is ignored. Whatever I put there, it still shows cached similar threads when viewing the thread.
You need to set the "cache time" to zero to disable the cache, there is even text under the 'cache time' arguments

Also; Elastic Search only refreshes it's index every second, and you can configure it to refresh less often.

Is there a way to force deleting the cache? Tried restarting Redis but no change.
Redis is a persistent data store in its default configuration, you need to flush it not restart it. See the commands help for details

You need to set the "cache time" to zero to disable the cache, there is even text under the 'cache time' arguments

Don't want to disable it, but to make it work. E.g. when lower the Cache time from 300 to 60 and change Date limit from 0 to 90, it does not show different similar threads according to new date limit after 60 seconds.
Redis is a persistent data store in its default configuration, you need to flush it not restart it. See the commands help for details

Is it safe to issue redis-cli FLUSHALL on production Xenforo server? Or I can flush only ElasticSearch Essentials keys somehow?

Don't want to disable it, but to make it work. E.g. when lower the Cache time from 300 to 60 and change Date limit from 0 to 90, it does not show different similar threads according to new date limit after 60 seconds.
Unless there is a new thread, in the same forum (by default configuration); you'll get the same threads.

Unless there is a new thread, in the same forum (by default configuration); you'll get the same threads.

But I've changed Date limit, why getting the same threads? Even after 24 hours I see the same similar threads, like it is ignoring changing Date limit completely - actually it is ignoring cache expiration.

Can I flush ElasticSearch Essentials keys only from Redis? Ideally plugin should clear them after updating some settings.

Last edited:
Here is a way to delete ElasticSearch Essentials keys only from Redis:
Code:
redis-cli --raw keys "*ESESimilar*" | xargs redis-cli del

Can you implement that plugin clears its cache after updating related settings, such as Date limit? Thanks.

Top Bottom