ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Try increasing the ngram token size (ngram - min size) from 2 to something like 4.
Hi Xon, I went ahead and tried it and was this the setting you were referring to? No luck yet but I'm trying different ngram min size

*update, just tried a much larger ngram min and it seems like it just makes it so I have to put more characters in before the auto search starts suggesting results.

Any way to turn of any special algorithm and default to the default algorithm without losing autocomplete?

At ACP admin.php?enhanced-search/

image.png

Last edited:
You would want to disable the 'ngram filter at search time', and reindex to change the ngram setting the autocomplete matches against

Sincerely appreciate your assistance.

I am currently encountering the following error and am hoping for help in resolving it.

Screenshot 2023-08-27 083848.webp

Server error log
  • XFES\Elasticsearch\BulkRequestException: Elasticsearch indexing error: Elasticsearch bulk action error (first error: [xcpm_projec_task-5] failed to parse field [project] of type [long] in document with id 'xcpm_projec_task-5'. Preview of field's value: '{}')
  • src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php:445

Stack trace​

#0 src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php(182): XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->bulkRequest('{"index":{"_ind...')
#1 src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(72): XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->indexBulk(Array)
#2 src/XF/Search/Source/AbstractSource.php(57): XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->flushBulkIndexing()
#3 src/XF/Search/Search.php(100): XF\Search\Source\AbstractSource->disableBulkIndexing()
#4 src/addons/SV/SearchImprovements/XF/Search/SearchPatch.php(178): XF\Search\Search->disableBulkIndexing()
#5 src/XF/Search/Search.php(64): SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Search\SearchPatch->disableBulkIndexing()
#6 src/XF/Search/Search.php(87): XF\Search\Search->indexEntities('xcpm_project_ta...', Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection))
#7 src/XF/Job/SearchRebuild.php(66): XF\Search\Search->indexRange('xcpm_project_ta...', 0, '500')
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\SearchRebuild->run(8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(118): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#11 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(122): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\UserCriteria\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\UserCriteria\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#16 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#18 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#19 {main}

Try an "optimize now" on the index, sometimes the type mappings get confused and the only solution is to apply the correct type mappings and reindex

Try an "optimize now" on the index, sometimes the type mappings get confused and the only solution is to apply the correct type mappings and reindex

Hello,

After I do "Optimize now" and I do "Rebuild search index" again, I keep getting the error.
Screenshot 2023-08-27 105022.webp

Screenshot 2023-08-27 104843.webp

Screenshot 2023-08-27 104906.webp

After I do "Optimize now" and I do "Rebuild search index" again, I keep getting the error.
Check the type mappings to see what isn't being defined (and post it here). As for the indexing error, that is likely something you need to take up with the developer of that add-on. It isn't related to this add-on.

Just an update. I tried so many variations, including the ngram min size, and no luck.
What you are after isn't really supported well, the entire point of the autocomplete is to use ngram's to find similar items.

I just got about 2,000 instances of this error message.
Code:
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewMedia is not callable on the given object (SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\User)
[*]src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1187
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[*]Generated by: Unknown account
[*]Aug 25, 2023 at 2:54 PM
[/LIST]

I just got about 2,000 instances of this error message.
Code:
[LIST]
[*]ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewMedia is not callable on the given object (SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\User)
[*]src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1187
[/LIST]
[LIST]
[*]Generated by: Unknown account
[*]Aug 25, 2023 at 2:54 PM
[/LIST]
This is likely related to XFMG and you might have being doing an update of that add-on

We have a library available in pdf files of our publications that go back to 1945. Would it be practical to use Advanced Search (Elasticsearch) to build the index for the contents of those documents and make them retrievable in XenForo? It seems to be doable from the discussion of Ingest on Stack overflow but I wonder if anyone has done this in the XenForo context.

Our forums make frequent references to the articles in those documents.

@Xon

Small thing, looks like this TM isn't being applied (tested with unmodified default style).

View attachment 291115
Oops, an easy fix, will release a fix for that shortly.

We have a library available in pdf files of our publications that go back to 1945. Would it be practical to use Advanced Search (Elasticsearch) to build the index for the contents of those documents and make them retrievable in XenForo? It seems to be doable from the discussion of Ingest on Stack overflow but I wonder if anyone has done this in the XenForo context.

Our forums make frequent references to the articles in those documents.
This can definitely be done to add pdf attachment text to the post's content.

The problem is this requires extracting text from the PDF, that is doable using something like poppler-utils a open source package available on linux and even windows. The tricky thing is, some PDFs don't actually contain text but just an image(s); so you need to OCR them.

For this I'ld recommend opening a ticket on my site for an estimate & pricing

Sorry if I asked in a wrong place. How do I search case sensitive (exact word) in elasticsearch? Can't find any function to do that.

That isn't supported. XenForo lowercase folds everything going into the search index, even the "exact word" search this add-on does does that as well.

I'm not sure if this is something that this add-on can help out with or if it's even possible... 🤔

With dealing with members from around the world, is it possible to have US English spelling matched up again UK English spelling and vice versa? In other words, if a US member searches for color could their results include colour and, vice versa, if a UK member searches for colour could their results include color? Then of course there is gray vs. grey and so on.

This add-on doesn't touch synonym support, while elasticsearch does support synonyms with some additional work but I've never nailed down how you load a pre-defined list of synonyms into it without handcrafting it.

Top Bottom