ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I've never seen an autocomplete use a close X on the top right and I think it shouldn't be there.

YouTube

1667506806332.webp

Google

1667506867922.webp

On mobile it is especially annoying NOT to have a close button for entries. Because deleting letters/words on phones are especially tedious so that button is very user-friendly. Anyone who says otherwise...

On desktop it is also very nice thing to have cause it is faster than marking/deleting.

That is a clear input box, this add-on places a close X at the top right of the drop down content.

Ah, I see what you mean.

In that case if you have set the results to a high number, like 50 or 100 (like I do), then the list is especially long. Having a close button is useful cause it overlays on top of other things and/or makes the page longer. Again, it is a user-friendly thing to have it. Especially I use the search as a widget on top of the page (instead hidden on right side).

The text styling matches the search dialog, which depending on configuration may not match the text entry field.

Getting that consistent across styles is next to impossible for me.

There are a number of search options which can improve search. I'ld recommend enabling the "exact text" matching option.

But complex manually tuning is something I've charged clients for as getting "good search" is highly site specific.

I noticed another potential issue today. When searching in the desktop forum search box (upper right) it defaults to searching "Everywhere". If I change to "Resources" the list should re-populate to only show matches in my desired search area otherwise we are confusing the user and not honoring their narrowed search selection.

It will do that if they type something else into the quick-search bar when autocomplete is enabled.

Xon updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

3.12.2 - Feature update

• Initial php 8.2 compatibility update
  • If installed, require Search Improvements v2.6.0+
  • Support Search Improvements v2.7.0+ search term display
  • Add 'include deleted' status to URL constraints
  • Do not autoconfigure the ESE similar thread widget for new installs with a position as XFES ships with one.
  • Avoid triggering similar thread lookups for titles with single character titles

Read the rest of this update entry...

Getting loads of errors since upgrading to this version:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown filter type unit src\XF\InputFilterer.php:428

#0 src\addons\SV\StandardLib\XF\InputFilterer.php(114): XF\InputFilterer->cleanInternal('', 'unit', Array)
#1 src\XF\InputFilterer.php(160): SV\StandardLib\XF\InputFilterer->cleanInternal('', 'unit', Array)
#2 src\XF\InputFilterer.php(422): XF\InputFilterer->filter('', 'unit', Array)
#3 src\addons\SV\StandardLib\XF\InputFilterer.php(114): XF\InputFilterer->cleanInternal(Array, 'array-unit', Array)
#4 src\XF\InputFilterer.php(160): SV\StandardLib\XF\InputFilterer->cleanInternal(Array, 'array-unit', Array)
#5 src\XF\Http\Request.php(778): XF\InputFilterer->filter(Array, 'array-unit')
#6 src\addons\SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XFRM\Search\Data\ResourceItem.php(87): XF\Http\Request->filter('c.categories', 'array-unit')
#7 src\addons\SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\Service\AutoCompleter.php(528): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XFRM\Search\Data\ResourceItem->filterRequestForAutocomplete(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Search\Query\KeywordQuery), true, Object(XF\Http\Request))
#8 src\addons\SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\Service\AutoCompleter.php(442): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\Service\AutoCompleter->applyConstraints(Array)
#9 src\addons\SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Search.php(461): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\Service\AutoCompleter->prepare()
#10 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(352): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Search', 'Search', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#12 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Search), NULL)
#13 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src\XF\App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src\XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#16 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#17 {main}

Running latest standard lib 1.14 and search improvements 2.7.4

Copy & paste error, should be fixed now.

The minimum required version of StandardLib is only v1.5.0, and doesn't require much more so it hasn't been bumped.

Something is not working properly on my site https://rvforums.com as I'm trying to do a search on "prusa" or "enclosure" and the content I'm looking for regarding prusa enclosure is not showing in the autocomplete list. I tried changing a setting or two, deleted and rebuilt the search index, no change. Can you tell me why entering "prusa" (without quotes shows no results in the search box top right?

Version 3.12.3

Attachments

• settings-4.webp
    settings-4.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
  • settings-3.webp
    settings-3.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 2
  • settings-2.webp
    settings-2.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 2
  • settings-1.webp
    settings-1.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 6
Please show the Enhanced Search setup page. The index mapping section (and if optimization needs to be done) and also the index configuration section at the bottom of the Enhanced Search setup page

Attached as requested.

Attachments

• es-3.webp
    es-3.webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 5
  • es-2.webp
    es-2.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 5
  • es-1.webp
    es-1.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 4
  • es-indexes.webp
    es-indexes.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
Attached as requested.
I'ld recommend enabling stemming if you want the 'exact text' match options to-do anything. Having both enabled definitely helps search.

Something is not working properly on my site https://rvforums.com as I'm trying to do a search on "prusa" or "enclosure" and the content I'm looking for regarding prusa enclosure is not showing in the autocomplete list. I tried changing a setting or two, deleted and rebuilt the search index, no change. Can you tell me why entering "prusa" (without quotes shows no results in the search box top right?
Autocomplete only searches the titles (and tags). Searching for "prusa" with title-only doesn't find anything.

I'm not at my computer right now but I thought I had stemming enabled. The autocomplete only on title explains it though. Would be nice if it included body as well.

In further thought I think it's a negative that the autocomplete is only for titles. Someone will believe that there is no reason to further search as there are no results listed from their input. This is a negative behavior in my opinion.

I thought I enabled stemming in the past, maybe I didn't save it, re-enabled again and rebuilt the search index.

There is an option for this add-on:

Replace Enhanced Search 2.2's suggest threads implementation
If checked, suggest threads implementation will be replaced by Elastic Search Essentials add-on implementation.

Can you explain the difference in this vs the native option without this checked?

My concern is your add-on will limit similar threads to titles like the search discussion above (autocomplete) or will it improve upon the native implementation? Does it use full ES capability or are you limiting the scope the titles and tags?

My similar thread implementation uses title/tags, which works well enough for me. XFES does compare the first post, but this doesn't really give much better results for various reasons.

Top Bottom