Fixed Editor sometimes stops typing (Safari iOS iPhone)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Unfortunately the rich text editor intermittently stops updating as I type while using the iPhone.

I cannot replicate it as yet consistently but it is happening regularly on almost every single post I've made out of the last five or so.

When it happens the characters I'm typing do not appear in the editor and I have to close the keyboard and open it again before it will work.

Confirmed for me on an iPad 2 with iOS 6; often, after clicking in the editor for the first time or using, for example, the quote button, the editor doesn't accept my input.

Yeah I just reported the same thing (woops lol) but yeah this is what I said in my other post
"On the iPhone 5 I have come across an editor bug. The way to replicate it is to start typing and then reposition your cursor on the screen. Then go to type and you can't. Nothing happens when you try and type.

The only way currently to fix this is to press done and then click in the editor again."

Unfortunately the rich text editor intermittently stops updating as I type while using the iPhone.

I cannot replicate it as yet consistently but it is happening regularly on almost every single post I've made out of the last five or so.

When it happens the characters I'm typing do not appear in the editor and I have to close the keyboard and open it again before it will work.

Confirmed for me too...

Yep, sometimes when I go to reply no text at all will show. iPad mini 6.1.2 jail broke with evasion and using Chrome.
Another thing I have noticed is sometimes the reply box takes up the whole screen, with the <bug just struck had to post reply and come back and edit to be able to complete post> Post Reply/Upload file buttons hidden by keyboard.

Out of curiosity, can anyone reproduce this after this message? I've disabled the "elastic" stuff for mobiles as I suspect that may be related - it certainly is tougher on performance.

Still broke apparently, that lets see was supposed to have more text after it but could not put any in. Also, when I went to add a new post I could not without doing a screen refresh.

Negative @Mike

If I scroll the screen on iPhone while typing a message, I have to click Done to close the keyboard and refocus the rich text editor before it accepts my input again.

This looks like an iPhone/Safari issue, I cannot reproduce it on either of my Androids using the stock browser.

Just wondering, have any of use tried to see if it happens with Chrome on iOS?

This looks like an iPhone/Safari issue, I cannot reproduce it on either of my Androids using the stock browser.

Just wondering, have any of use tried to see if it happens with Chrome on iOS?

Yep, Chrome is all I use, but they all use they "wonderful" safari engine from what I understand.

Top Bottom