Fixed Editor sometimes stops typing (Safari iOS iPhone)

As soon as I click in the input box it loses it and I can't add anything more. Also the text display lags behind the input by a few seconds. I'm typing and its moving the cursor but the text is invisible and them eventually catches up. If I then click back to fix a typo it then won't let me add any text

Right, iOS issue then. I've been unable to reproduce on Android with any browser I have available.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Not sure if it is related (I am using Android with the standard browser, which is also using Webkit I believe), but when I click on the reply box, it wouldn't get the focus, and when I repeatedly click again, eventually it would jump-scroll the display to the top of the thread.

I could swear I haven't had this issue earlier today when 1.2 alpha rolled out.

Not sure if it is related (I am using Android with the standard browser, which is also using Webkit I believe), but when I click on the reply box, it wouldn't get the focus, and when I repeatedly click again, eventually it would jump-scroll the display to the top of the thread.

I could swear I haven't had this issue earlier today when 1.2 alpha rolled out.

I can't get that on Android...

It just works. Could it be the version of webkit that being used? A bug in webkit maybe?

I can't get that on Android...

It just works. Could it be the version of webkit that being used? A bug in webkit maybe?

Hmm, this happens on my Nexus 7 (AppleWebKit/534.24) and on my Galaxy S2 (AppleWebKit/535.1).

But I could really swear it was OK initially.

Hmm, this happens on my Nexus 7 (AppleWebKit/534.24) and on my Galaxy S2 (AppleWebKit/535.1).

I have an N7 as well, and I didn't get anything like this (I also have a GS2). I'll check the WebKit versions in a minute, dunno if it makes a difference though...

I have an N7 as well, and I didn't get anything like this (I also have a GS2). I'll check the WebKit versions in a minute, dunno if it makes a difference though...

My N7 is still running Android 4.1.4 (I don't like the 4.2 upgrade). Also I don't have Chrome that came with the N7 originally, but the stock AOSP Android browser.

Not happening on Chrome for Android with
AppleWebKit/537.36 or stock Android 4.2.1 browser with the same WebKit.

Looks like an issue with or in old WebKit versions.

Not happening on Chrome for Android with
AppleWebKit/537.36 or stock Android 4.2.1 browser with the same WebKit.

Looks like an issue with or in old WebKit versions.

Strange. Thanks for checking. Thing is, I am certain it worked fine initially. Hmpf. I am going to reboot my N7 and try again... ;)

On iPad if I move my curser to fix a typo or whatever the problem occurs where I can't type or delete anything. A page refresh or refocusing does not cure the problem for me. Seems to be a possible save draft thing?

Still a partial fix, but covering more than before. This is running here now.

Basically the issue is that if you have a button outside the iframe that, when clicked, refocuses the iframe, iOS stops allowing you to type. I've adjusted the events to workaround it when possible, though it still seems to be triggered with some of the dropdowns. I'm still working on it.

Testing...

Seems much better on ipad. I can click to fix typos without it losing focus.

(Just so we're clear, I was always able to get it to re-focus on the input box to delete, just not add characters. I assume that's what you meant?)

Ok, I take that back. I now believe that I've got a complete fix for this running here now. The keyboard may go away in some scenarios when you're not focused on the editor, but when it's visible, you should always be able to type.

If you can't, let me know the reproduce steps and the specifics on your device (including iOS version).

Ok, I take that back. I now believe that I've got a complete fix for this running here now. The keyboard may go away in some scenarios when you're not focused on the editor, but when it's visible, you should always be able to type.

If you can't, let me know the reproduce steps and the specifics on your device (including iOS version).

Excellent, well done @Mike :)

Top Bottom