1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Safari iOS 8.1 editor "locking" issue when deleting word(s)

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by kontrabass, Dec 1, 2014.

1. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

If I had to guess this probably is an issue for Apple to work out.... But passing along here, just in case. We're on 1.4.2. User bug report:

----------
    Subject: Locking up issues

When using my iPad 4G running iOS 8.1 web browser Safari, also iPhone 5 iOS 8.1 web Browser Safari, when I am sending/responding with a PM quite frequently I get "Locked Up" to where I cannot type or get the cursor to move. This happens after I back space to delete a word(s). The only way I've been able to unlock it is by completing a hard boot of either mobile devises. I end up losing a few words to sentences which I retype. This problem never occurred until Apple released iOS 8.1 and I updated. I do see there's another Apple iOS update, which I don't know if that will cure the problem or not. Thank you for any help with this issue. It sure is maddening when it occurs multiple times in a row when responding in a PM. Cheers! Michael

2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I also experienced this many times, but ever since I updated iOS to 8.1.1 I have not had this problem.

kontrabass likes this.
  3. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

Ah HAH! My suspicious are correct :D

I'll tell user to upgrade and report back. Feel free to mark this "bug" report solved.