Fixed Editor: Shift + Arrow Left doesn't work as expected (Froala 2.8.0 regression)

Steffen

Affected version
2.0.4 with Froala 2.8.0
I've noticed this issue here on XenForo.com where Froala has been updated to version 2.8.0. The issue doesn't exist in XenForo 2.0.4 with Froala 2.7.6.

I've reported this directly to the Froala developers (https://github.com/froala/wysiwyg-editor/issues/2740) and thought that maybe the XenForo developers should be aware of the issue, too.

Do you have any other OS' to try this on, aside from Linux?

Seems to work for me in Chrome in macOS.

Confirmed via BrowserStack that Chrome on macOS is not affected but Chrome on Linux and Chrome on Windows are affected.

Thanks for that, @Steffen.

Side note, we've so far resisted the urge to move to BrowserStack. Would you say it's worth it?

We generally have enough of a combination of devices and VMs between us that we can test most things without much hassle... That said, it was easier just to ask you than it was for me to boot up my Windows VM... so... yeah probably worth it :)

I cannot setup a macOS VM on Linux as easily as it is to setup a Linux VM on macOS. So this is one big reason for me to use BrowserStack. :)

And although I haven't measured it with a stopwatch, even for Windows VMs it feels faster to just go to BrowserStack than to boot my VirtualBox Windows VM (which I, as I've just remembered, deleted a few weeks ago because it occupied too much disk space). Furthermore, if you don't need the VM that often, you'd probably have to let the auto-updater of browsers and/or Windows do their thing before you can actually run your tests. So for me it's definetely a time-saver.

That being said, BrowserStack can definetely feel a little laggy, so I wouldn't recommend it for performance-sensitve testing. But for many functional issue it's fine.

Last edited:
Ugh, this is driving me nuts. No chance you guys can revert the version used here to something below 2.8.0 for the time being?

Top Bottom