editor problems

Jo.

I've been having problems with this on one of my styles since beta 6 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it fixed. I can't seem to find where the control for this is, even using Firebug - it just says "This element has no style rules. You can create a rule for it."

Anyway so here's the problem... I can't find where to change the colour of the background of the reply box, and I also can't find where the border options are. For some reason on this style, the editor box has a border at the top and bottom, but not on the left or right. I've tried to find where to change this using firebug on one of the styles where this doesn't appear to be an issue but it's not being very helpful.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it because it's driving me a bit loopy right now lol.

Here's a screenshot, just in case you don't know what I'm referring to...

editor1.webp

I'm not sure why there aren't borders on either side - the rules are applied to .xenForoSkin table.mceLayout, in the editor_ui.css template. The same template does top and bottom borders with a separate rule. Check for modifications to that template.

Reactions: Jo.
Got it - thanks Mike, I really appreciate that! Had a look in the editor_ui.css template and was a bit confused for a little while because the code looked like it should have been showing the border:

.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout {border:0; border-left:1px solid #978080; border-right:1px solid #978080}
.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout tr.mceFirst td {border-top:1px solid #978080}
.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout tr.mceLast td {border-bottom:1px solid #978080}

so I decided to revert the template and reapply those modifications in case that did anything. Anyway, doing that fixed the problem - thanks for helping me figure out where to find it!!!

perhaps the border shouldnt be 'hardcoded'?
Code:
/* Layout */
.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout {border:0; border-left:1px solid @primaryLighterStill; border-right:1px solid @primaryLighterStill}
.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout tr.mceFirst td {border-top:1px solid @primaryLighterStill}
.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout tr.mceLast td {border-bottom:1px solid @primaryLighterStill}
bug002b.webp

I'm having that same problem plus, the pop-up editor isn't popping up, even in the untampered-with default style. Meaning, I created a new style with no parent. Any idea why that might be?

Top Bottom