Editor not working in Chrome

Tigratrus

I merged it with the existing one :)
Thanks Brogan! :)

Amazing how many mistakes one can pile up in a hurry when trying to rush through posting 'cause there's a nine year old making you feel guilty about not "being outside yeeeeeeet?!"

Anyway, glad to see that RC 2 is out. Has anyone reported the editor not working in chrome yet?

James

Weird. I cannot post in Chrome at all. The editor simply doesn't load.

I also cannot reply to this thread in Chrome, I get:

XenForo Community - Error

Please enter a valid message.

Before you ask, yes, I HAVE dumped cache and done a hard refresh. I'll test in Safari, it's webkit too so it should respond similarly.

James

just typing this with a chrome browser...
eek.png
wink.png
smile.png

The plot sickens.

Safari's seems to be working fine. Obviously it must be something on our end, but dang if I can see what it is atm. Unless it's because we've been playing with IPB and Kier's put in a bit of code to sabotage IPB customers... :: nudge nudge wink wink ::

Before anyone flies off the handle I know Kier would never do that to Matt, AND it would be kinda self defeating anyway, as the problem is on the XF experience side, not IPB, Kier's smarter than that. :)

James

Ha! Got it... It's Firebug Lite for Chrome that's making the editor not load on XF.
Must be a script conflict. Doesn't happen with FF (4.0 B10) and Firebug, so it's specific to the chrome implementation.

I win. Not sure if it's anything the guys can do anything about, but it's a bonafide XF/Firebug... ahem... bug. :p

James

It's very useful for styling work though. We've had OBNOXIOUS problems with FF flat out refusing to let go of cached CSS info, which makes it dang near impossible to use it for CSS/Layout tweaking. ;)

James

Top Bottom