Fixed Editor Issues

Brent W

I just submitted a resource and ran into a frustrating issue.

I want to insert an image at the end but before I did that I highlighted some text and made formatting changes to it.

After the formatting was applied I hit enter a couple of times to add space. Then I inserted the image. It looked fine and I went through and submitted the resource.

Now I go to edit it and it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 9.44.47 PM.webp

I want to add something below the attached image so I place my cursor at the very end of the attach line. I hit enter. Nothing happens. It won't create a new line.

That's beside the fact that the attach part is taking on the format of the text before it.

This is what it looks like in plain text

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 9.44.41 PM.webp

The editor of xenForo leaves so much to be desired. I miss vBulletin where you could disable WYSIWYG completely and still have all the options. Much like this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/markitup-integrator-2013.1340/

I guess this is primarily a bug report with a feature request at the end. I will create a new thread for the request.

If your using Chrome, try another browser - there is actually a Chrome bug that manifests in RTEs where it won't insert a line break in all cases. But in general, I'm hoping to resolve this by simply killing TinyMCE, so slightly longer term.

If your using Chrome, try another browser - there is actually a Chrome bug that manifests in RTEs where it won't insert a line break in all cases. But in general, I'm hoping to resolve this by simply killing TinyMCE, so slightly longer term.

Oh no. We're going to lose the dc smiley manager.

I really hope something is done with the smiley manager when you move from tinymce because the current solution is quite frankly a bag of old bollox. No offense but it is.

Have you been eyeing up a solution as a possible replacement Mike?

Top Bottom