1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Editor issue: line-breaks, hover-style in next line

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Jan 21, 2015.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

when copy/paste some text.

1)
    then entering some additional "line breaks", these additional "line breaks" are not applying anymore when you "edit" the post again. The "line breaks" just disappear.

2)
    there is also the issue of "hover style" (link style) showing up in the next line when you hover over a Link.
    this seems to be related to "line breaks" somehow as well.

The issue occurs when you hit the "Enter"-key after a linked text (a "Link") in the Editor.

Screenshot:

hover_shadow_link.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I can't confirm nor really understand what you're reporting.

3. erich37

using FireFox 35.0

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I am using Firefox, but that didn't answer my post.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Issue #2 you posted about before and it was a situation where the link actually extended to the next line, so the display would be expected.

Issue #1 doesn't appear to be related to #2 or the title of the thread, but at the least we would need direct steps to reproduce it (specifically what you're copying and what you're doing in the editor).

6. erich37

yeah, I reported this issue previously, but as far as I remember it was related to images (when you hover over a "linked" image).
    Now I see this issue as well with normal "Links" (linked text).
    I guess you deem this as "as designed", but it looks strange.

yeah, it is not related.
    If you like I can give you access to my website where you can edit the specific thread at which this is accouring.

Issue:
    I am just hitting the "Enter"-key in order to have more empty lines in a given text. When I hit "Save Changes"-button, the entered empty lines appear fine in the thread-text.
    When I click "Edit" again in order to edit the thread again, the "empty lines" within the text are gone.
    Meaning: the text-format (empty lines) disappears once you hit "Edit" in order to edit the thread-text.

I am still running on XF version 1.3.1 so I am not sure if there have been any changes regarding this in the meantime.

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You should update to the latest version of XenForo and see if it still happens.

8. erich37

This thread can be closed.

I have just upgraded to XF-version 1.4.4 and the issues are gone.

Thanks! (y)