• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed  Editor bug?

Peggy

Started happening in RC1, and happens only randomly, but often.

When we edit a post, html tags i.e. <p> and </p> appear in the editor box, and remain in the post after saving.

I asked Mike about this, and he said it could be the RTE failing to load when editing.

EDIT: This is happening in both FireFox (for me, steven s and several others) and Safari (for Dragonfly).
In IE, it is just fine.

James

Hi Peggy.

If you have a javascript console (Chrome has a built-in one for sure, right click -> inspect element -> console), try opening that and then clicking edit on a post.

When I click edit, the following appears in my console:
OverlayLoader for posts/469284/edit-inline
/js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=4676d17a:920XenForo.activate([
  1. <div class=​"xenOverlay" style=​"z-index:​ 9999;​ top:​ 1450.1px;​ left:​ 157px;​ position:​ absolute;​ display:​ block;​ ">​…​</div>​
])
/js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=4676d17a:2034XenForo.TimestampRefresh: 2
Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL {boardpath}/threads/in-case-my-thf-reply-is-deleted.38840/#post-469289 from frame with URL http://www.facebook.com/plugins/lik..._type=link&sdk=joey&show_faces=true&width=500. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
Do you get something similar?

Peggy

hunny I don't even know what a javascript console is, lol. This is happening in both FF and Safari. But IE is ok.
I added that info in my OP.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I've fixed this so that if the editor doesn't initialize and you see HTML, it will treat your submission as HTML.

James

I've fixed this so that if the editor doesn't initialize and you see HTML, it will treat your submission as HTML.
Couldn't that potentially cause a problem if the submission of HTML is allowed? Or am I missing something... (wouldn't be the first time)