Editing First Post as Threadstarter

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

1. Will the Thread-author finally be able to edit the title in 1.1?
2. Will the Thread-author also be able to change/add the Prefix? (For example to add a "solved" prefix??)

In the video we've only seen, that the prefix can be added via moderation "edit link" (minute 3:11) in the forum, or via edit link in the thread(which is also only visible for mods) which is only available if users have permission to edit any thread (in xf < 1.1)

PHP:
    public function canEditThread(array $thread, array $forum, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $nodePermissions = null, array $viewingUser = null)
    {
        $this->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForNode($thread['node_id'], $viewingUser, $nodePermissions);
        return ($viewingUser['user_id'] && XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission($nodePermissions, 'manageAnyThread'));
    }

Another request for this please. This is 'expected functionality' and a request I get from my users all the time as to how to change their thread title.

Now with the excellent prefixes system if the onus is on the user to say update a status, or even say they pick the wrong prefix they don't know what to do and end up PMing a mod.

Would love to see this in 1.1 gold :)

It isnt much fun for us mods using the post reporting system for thread change requests! Bump!
I disagree. You aren't having problems.
No one is having problems, but me.
Brogan said only I felt the need for thread titles to be changed.
I certainly regret taking the time to point out needlessly inflammatory thread titles here at xenforo.com

Top Bottom