Editing album privacy.

Mr Lucky

When I create an album, I have the option to set who can view and who add media.

When I edit the privacy, I get two fields, initially, but they don't say what they are and don't seem to correspond to the above.

All I get is "Change All" then two fields, the top one of which is N/A, but if I change it to members it stays at N/A

Can someone explain what this is about please? Are these two fields supposed to be the same two fields when creating an album?

How would I change from:

• Members can view
  • Members can add media

To

• Members can view
  • Owner only can add media

Last edited:
I believe you're talking about the Change Privacy option on the inline moderation menu:

upload_2014-11-15_10-29-3.webp

You can select lots of albums and easily set the view privacy here. Note: This only supports the view permission currently.

By "Change all to" you can select the value that you wish to change all selected albums to, otherwise you can configure it individually for each album.

If you want to edit the permissions of a single album or need to adjust the add permission, you can do that inside the album:

upload_2014-11-15_10-31-52.webp

Just click "Change Permissions":

upload_2014-11-15_10-32-20.webp

I believe you're talking about the Change Privacy option on the inline moderation menu:

Yes, this is what confused me, the two fields here:

changeprivacy.webp

I assumed they correpsonded to the two fields you get when creating:

createalbum.webp

This seems very confusing as you'd expect the same two fileds in each box.

If you want to edit the permissions of a single album or need to adjust the add permission, you can do that inside the album:
Just click "Change Permissions":

Thanks, that's exactly what I need. Now you've explained it's fine

(Hint: Remember my other thread where I asked if there was a manual that explains this stuff? Seems like it would save a lot of peoples' time asking and answering)

There isn't a manual, and typically, there isn't likely to be one (based on the fact there isn't one for the Resource Manager either)

Top Bottom