Edit group & Confirmation email system???

htdesignz

Our forum has been successfully moved from vBulletin 4.x to XenForo, but we are currently facing two problems.

The first one is when we edit users in admin control panel. We can’t edit all of the users who have secondary groups along with their primary groups. When we want to remove or add a secondary group to a user who already had a secondary group, the page keeps loading after we click save. It keeps loading for a while, and then nothing happens. Except from removing or adding a secondary group, everything works fine when we edit user in admin control panel.

The second problem we are facing is the confirmation email system. When a user edits his or her profile like email address or password, his or her account is automatically set to Awaiting email confirmation (from edit) until he or she clicks on a confirmation link in the confirmation email. The forum says that a confirmation email was sent, but there is no email in that user's email inbox. Therefore, we have to manually change our users' account states from Awaiting email confirmation to Valid.

The first one is when we edit users in admin control panel. We can’t edit all of the users who have secondary groups along with their primary groups. When we want to remove or add a secondary group to a user who already had a secondary group, the page keeps loading after we click save. It keeps loading for a while, and then nothing happens. Except from removing or adding a secondary group, everything works fine when we edit user in admin control panel.

It works fine for me on my test forum. Are there any errors reported in the log?

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

And try disabling your addons if you have installed any.

The second problem we are facing is the confirmation email system. When a user edits his or her profile like email address or password, his or her account is automatically set to Awaiting email confirmation (from edit) until he or she clicks on a confirmation link in the confirmation email. The forum says that a confirmation email was sent, but there is no email in that user's email inbox. Therefore, we have to manually change our users' account states from Awaiting email confirmation to Valid.

I saw this problem reported once before. I tested the system myself and it worked fine for me. This is very likely a problem on the receiving end. Probably a spam filter. Check the spam box or use a different email address. If you want to confirm delivery receipt then you need to examine the mail logs on your server which can be tedious.

I was able to expose this error upon saving a user with group changes:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/360kpop/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Permission.php on line 1645

This error has to do with building the permission cache. With 36 groups and 189 forums it's possible this task is legitimately taking longer than 30 seconds to complete.

You can try changing the max_execution_time yourself. These methods don't always work, but try adding this to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('max_execution_time', 1000);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
php_value max_execution_time 1000

Then try editing and saving a user with group changes to see if that fixes the problem. You might have to wait longer than 30 seconds.

I was able to expose this error upon saving a user with group changes:

This error has to do with building the permission cache. With 36 groups and 189 forums it's possible this task is legitimately taking longer than 30 seconds to complete.

You can try changing the max_execution_time yourself. These methods don't always work, but try adding this to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('max_execution_time', 1000);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
php_value max_execution_time 1000

Then try editing and saving a user with group changes to see if that fixes the problem. You might have to wait longer than 30 seconds.
Thanks so much, fixed! hihi

The second problem we are facing is the confirmation email system? How fix? :(

Top Bottom