XF 1.1 During Install: An error occurred or the request was stopped.

I was able to do a install of xenforo earlier fine. When I was playing around with xenforo plugins i noticed on a Uninstall of one that the forum failed when attmpeting to either to rebuild the prhases or caches i am not sure. I didnt think much of it and since it was a test forum i decide to do a fresh install of xenforo.

During my fresh install I cannot complete the rebuilding process it fails with message "An error occurred or the request was stopped." and a link below offering to rebuild caches. When i try to rebuild caches I get a HTTP 500 error. Nothing has changed about the server.

I also tired to enable errors in the config.php same story nothing new. There is no errors in the php log or IIS

This is quite typical of the sporadic performance you could get with shared hosting.

What kind of hosting plan are you on?

There may also be some tweaks that can be made in the PHP config.

EDIT: What version of MySQL are you running?

This is a Dedicated Win 08 r2 server, in a Colocation setup. I own the equipment. Its a Dell Poweredge with 2 quad core procs, 16gb of ram and Raid 5 array.

Right now I am running CPU utilization under %10

Everything seems to go though fine until it hits rebuilding phrases. There is a bit of a small delay before error occurs. If your looking at OVERALL time until error i just counted to see. Total of 18 seconds.

That's not why I help people!

Am slightly out of ideas myself. I can suggest a few things, but they normally only pertain to crap shared servers where the rebuild process takes too long.

When the "An error occurred or the request was stopped." error occurs, are you able to hit F5 to refresh the page? If you continue to do this, does the process eventually finish?

Are you actually on the server itself when you get the 500 Server Error? Often in IIS, if you're using the internet browser on the server, the error given will be less generic, and it will usually contain more information.

Again, with it being IIS, you may find more information in the Application and System Event logs in Server Manager > Diagnostics > Event Viewer > Windows Logs

That's all I have for now, but I'll keep thinking.

During my fresh install I cannot complete the rebuilding process it fails with message "An error occurred or the request was stopped." and a link below offering to rebuild caches. When i try to rebuild caches I get a HTTP 500 error. Nothing has changed about the server.

We're mostly a Windows only shop with a bunch of 2008 R2 boxes. The most common problem I've seen with IIS with these kind of errors is usually related to permissions somehow. I don't know if you had setup anything like caching, but I'd go back and take a good look at the permissions for anything related to where you have XF installed at.

Thank you for advice, I was able to locate problem to corruption in the inetsrv configuration files in system32. A reinstall of IIS wouldn’t fix the problem. So I was forced to uninstall IIS and take own the inetsev folder. Delete it completely and rebuild IIS and WAS Feature.

Side note I would recommand anyone planning on running Xenporta addon to stick to PHP 5.3 on IIS Setup and not upgrade to 5.4. Use your php-manager in IIS Console to switch between versions. 5.4 seems to break some of the addons.

Thank you for the help guys.

Top Bottom