XF 2.1 An error occurred while the page was being generated. Please try again later.

ScrapDog

Hello,

I've moved my site from one host to another. Everything works perfect. but when i go to the admin page and try to config something (anything) i get the message:
An error occurred while the page was being generated. Please try again later. (see picture)

Can someone telll me what to do, because on my localhost on my home server in wAmp it works all. Only after uploading it to my new host, something is getting wrong.

Im looking further now and see that running jobs gives the same error. (rebuilding caches)

Sincerely,

ScrapDog

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-03-04 om 17.17.47.webp
    Schermafbeelding 2020-03-04 om 17.17.47.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I'd say take a look at the error log, but that might be difficullt if you can't access the backend.
Though you might try to access it directly: admin.php?logs/server-errors/

If this does not work I'd try to enable debug mode and disable listeners just for your IP address.

PHP:
if (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) && $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == '1.2.3.4')
{
    $config['debug'] = true;
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;
}

I'd say take a look at the error log, but that might be difficullt if you can't access the backend.
Though you might try to access it directly: admin.php?logs/server-errors/

If this does not work I'd try to enable debug mode and disable listeners just for your IP address.

PHP:
if (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) && $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == '1.2.3.4')
{
    $config['debug'] = true;
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;
}

Well everything works perfectly ..... i can make threads and upload attachments. But as soon as i go to the admin page the next thing when i login it already says: An error occurred while the page was being generated. Please try again later

Regards,

ScrapDog

This is what the error log says..... but i don't understand it that much.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so: open failed: No such file or directory), /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so.so (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so.so: open failed: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'ixed.5.4.lin' (tried: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin: open failed: No such file or directory), /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin.so (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin.so: open failed: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

After doing another config in the admin page i get the same error-log:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so: open failed: No such file or directory), /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so.so (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/imagick.so.so: open failed: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'ixed.5.4.lin' (tried: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin: open failed: No such file or directory), /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin.so (ld.so.1: php: /opt/php54/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ixed.5.4.lin.so: open failed: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

But i cant find those paths that the error gives.

regards,

ScrapDog

Jeez, those messages seem to indicate that your PHP version is from stone age - either that or the config is seriously broken.

Can you access admin dashboard?
If so, which PHP version does it display?

If is is really 5.4 and this is a managed or shared sevrer you must contact your host immediately (or even better : wtich host immediately, no professional hoster should be running PHP 5.4 in 2020) - XenForo 2.1 requires at least PHP 5.6
If it is a VPS or root server then well ... get your sh... together ;)

Anyway, check the image processing library - if it is set to Image Magick switch to GD.

ixed.5.4.lin.so hints to Source Guardian Loader (might be somewhat esoteric, never heard of this before until now), are you using any encrypted code that would require this?

Contact your host and ask for support, the errors indicate the the server is trying to load PHP 5.4 libs.

The image processing library can be configured at admin.php?options/groups/attachments/, on stock XenForo installation it's the last option on that page.

Last edited:
I will contact my host. By the way if i install a new stock xenforo, there is no problem at all. Not in the frontend or in the backend. And everything is working perfectly. But if i overwrite with my own site and import the mySQL, then the whole thing goes again. Strange ..........

Or maybe it's just what you said, maybe my config is ****ed up :)

I let you know if i have answers from my host.

Thx for so far.

ScrapDog

Top Bottom