Not a bug Duplicate password change entry on user change log

I cannot confirm this. Password changes aren't even showing under User Change Log for me.

I just changed Test Account's password as Test Account to something, and it didn't show up. Then I changed it back on my account in the admin control panel, and it didn't show up, either.

Not sure what you're doing wrong Amaury but password changes are logged in the Admin CP. That's whether they are instigated by the user or changed by an admin.

I just changed the password via the "Change Password" link as a user, and it logged it.

I then changed the password back via the Admin CP, and it logged it.

Here are the two logs:

upload_2014-8-30_18-43-42.webp

@Super120 are you able to reproduce this yourself? I suspect the user perhaps did change their password twice.

Not sure what you're doing wrong Amaury but password changes are logged in the Admin CP. That's whether they are instigated by the user or changed by an admin.

I did it via the Password link in the username dropdown menu as Test Account and under the User Essentials tab in the admin control panel as Amaury. Could it be because Test Account doesn't have an email?

Test.webp

No...

upload_2014-8-30_19-6-2.webp

You may have an add-on that is preventing it from updating at all. In theory, anything you have which may extend the User DataWriter that doesn't extend it properly may prevent the change logs from logging at all, or logging correctly.

For both of you if the issues persist then you should try it again with all add-ons disabled.

For both of you if the issues persist then you should try it again with all add-ons disabled.

Still happening with all add-ons disabled, though everything's been recorded in the admin log fine.

I'll create a thread in the proper section if I need further help with this, though I don't see it as a big deal.

Top Bottom