1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Duplicate password change entry on user change log

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by imthebest, Aug 30, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

When a member changes his password the user change log gets 2 records for the same thing.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I cannot confirm this. Password changes aren't even showing under User Change Log for me.

I just changed Test Account's password as Test Account to something, and it didn't show up. Then I changed it back on my account in the admin control panel, and it didn't show up, either.
  3. imthebest

This appears to be happening when people change avatar, too. But I'm not sure... the devs will have to test.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not sure what you're doing wrong Amaury but password changes are logged in the Admin CP. That's whether they are instigated by the user or changed by an admin.

I just changed the password via the "Change Password" link as a user, and it logged it.

I then changed the password back via the Admin CP, and it logged it.

Here are the two logs:

@Super120 are you able to reproduce this yourself? I suspect the user perhaps did change their password twice.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I did it via the Password link in the username dropdown menu as Test Account and under the User Essentials tab in the admin control panel as Amaury. Could it be because Test Account doesn't have an email?

6. Chris D

You may have an add-on that is preventing it from updating at all. In theory, anything you have which may extend the User DataWriter that doesn't extend it properly may prevent the change logs from logging at all, or logging correctly.

For both of you if the issues persist then you should try it again with all add-ons disabled.
  7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Still happening with all add-ons disabled, though everything's been recorded in the admin log fine.

I'll create a thread in the proper section if I need further help with this, though I don't see it as a big deal.
  8. Chris D

I've just twigged. You're running XF 1.3.3. That had a bug which prevented password changes being logged.
    Amaury likes this.
  9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Ah, okay.

Yeah, still waiting on @Nights to update us once he takes care of moving us to another host again (even better than what we currently have).
  10. imthebest

I have been unable to reproduce this. Maybe the users were doing it multiple times... but it took my attention because there were multiple users not only one.