XF 1.5 Duplicate live site as test site & slim down attachments - space issue

rwm1962

I've got a test site made by duplicating one of our live sites. Originally it had over 400 modes & approx 176,000 images. I've slimmed it down by deleting whole categories & nodes. Image count was dropped to approx 3,700. My host was surprised to see my attachments still totted up to 15GB. I deleted a load more & got the image count to just 285. The biggest image is 357kb ranging down to 7kb. Assuming they were all 357kb that should be less than a gb. However it's showing 14gb. There's still masses of attachment data files in the directory internal-data/attachments.

How do I get rid of what looks to be surplus files please?

Attachments are only removed periodically after all of the content they're associated with is deleted. It may take time for the cron to run, though you can trigger the hourly cron manually. If you removed quite a few attachments though, it will take some time and a number of runs for this to delete all of the orphaned attachments.

I've manually ran the hour clean up job (had to run it quite a few times), and it's cleaned up all the attachments now
Code:
48M     internal_data

Attachments are only removed periodically after all of the content they're associated with is deleted. It may take time for the cron to run, though you can trigger the hourly cron manually. If you removed quite a few attachments though, it will take some time and a number of runs for this to delete all of the orphaned attachments.
I've ran crons manually and re-created image thumbnails, but I have tonns of orphaned attachments. Attachment browser (forum/admin.php?attachments/) counted 1050 files, while via FTP I see that folder site/internal_data/attachments has 57155 files in 67 catalogues. How can I clear the space?

I want to add that initially the forum was great, then I deleted 4/5 themes and ran cleaning and rearrangement of thumbnails, however the files from the deleted themes were not deleted.

I want to add that initially the forum was great, then I deleted 4/5 themes and ran cleaning and rearrangement of thumbnails, however the files from the deleted themes were not deleted.

You uploaded the files manually, they have to be deleted manually. Removing a theme is not supposed to delete the files. They shouldn't take up much space but they also might. It's not always fun or pretty but it shouldn't be hard. Worst case scenario look at the packages for your current themes to get an idea of which folders still belong.

Top Bottom