XF 1.5 Duplicate a notice

Mr Lucky

How do you duplicate a notice?

I accidentally did this but then couldn't find how I'd done it.

I'm sure it's very obvious but I can't work out what I clicked on.

Can anyone help please

AFAIK, there's no way to.

You can just copy and paste, though, if you want notices to have the same content for testing purposes or something.

There isn't any way to do that built in.
Weird that it happened then. This is some bug that would be nice to incorporate :)

I clicked on a notice to edit it then just as I saved the edit I noticed it said at the top Create New Notice instead of Edit Notice

Then in the notice list it was duplicated exactly.

Quite a complex notice with user, forum and page display defined - all I had edited was the image, but there it was - a complete duplicate - same title, same text (with html code), same display parameters just the one difference I had edited.

If it was a notice you just created, if you used the back button in your browser or accessed your browser history the field values may have been cached.

If it was a notice you just created, if you used the back button in your browser or accessed your browser history the field values may have been cached.
No it was created a while earlier. And no back button.

I would suggest this as a new feature, but it seems all my suggestions just get shot down in flames.

I don't think that's the case.

I think a bit of debate over suggestions is a healthy thing - certainly if there's plenty of discussion surrounding a suggestion it invites a lot of opinions about how we should or shouldn't approach a feature should it come to the time where we might implement it.

It's nothing personal, and they're only literally shot down in flames if we mark it "Not Planned" until then, it's a fair suggestion.

Top Bottom