Duke Nukem Forever

Have you played the demo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysm

There demo is available and I had the chance to play it.

It was no more different than playing quake with bots. The game controls are no different, the game format is no different than quake (such as moving around).

You may already be saying that it was developed in the UDK engine so its "bound" to be the same, but not EXACTLY the same. The game is no different than quake, its basically just a modification with the addition of female models and cosmetic jokes.

From the steam forums, loads of people are cancelling their pre-orders.
If your anticipated about this game just lower your expectation by a few digits.

(Added Poll for 1month)

I also spent the pre-order money on Battlefield 3.

I downloaded the demo last night and played it for a bit, I wish they would of done a multi-player demo like Medal of honor, because that is what really sells games for me(the multiplayer)

OFC Ive bought this on steam and waiting for this bad boy

Here is some shots from stream
duke-nukem-forever-8-jpg.488

duke-nukem-forever-1-jpg.481
duke-nukem-forever-2-jpg.482
duke-nukem-forever-3-jpg.483
duke-nukem-forever-4-jpg.484
duke-nukem-forever-5-jpg.485
duke-nukem-forever-6-jpg.486
duke-nukem-forever-7-jpg.487
duke-nukem-forever-9-jpg.489
duke-nukem-forever-10-jpg.490
duke-nukem-forever-11-jpg.491

I still want this game.

After 15 years it better be good, but I'm typically easy to please. The graphics such are an improvement though. lol

Although I have not played the demo, as a Game Designer, games that take too long to be released typically do not do as well as anticipated. However, I would still like to play the game and give it a chance. :)

Although I have not played the demo, as a Game Designer, games that take too long to be released typically do not do as well as anticipated.
Too Human being the biggest example of them. I played the Too Human demo at E32005, it was a buggy mess. Very buggy.

I liked and loved playing the Duke Nukem games back in the 90's.

Watched some demo game plays by some of my favorite commentators, graphics look great, gameplay looks great, the voice etc and other aspects are hilarious! Especially the part after Piece of Cake where Duke is getting well, some nice time with two ladies and they ask well was it good, and Duke says, well after 12 years it better damn well be.

Although I have not played the demo, as a Game Designer, games that take too long to be released typically do not do as well as anticipated. However, I would still like to play the game and give it a chance. :)
I know right!
I have a feeling this game was never ready to be released after 3D Realms bankruptcy and acquisition.
This is a rushed product to gain money back on the millions of dollars it cost them to aquire 3D Realms.

I was seriously addicted to the original DN I

Lots of fun back in the day. But no, not interested in the new one.

duke2.webp

Might pick it up after release - had too bad an experience with Brink to buy into another £30 PC game that I'm not entirely confident in.

Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with girl gamers!

This, I know plenty of girl gamers that play Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor and similar games :p

Might pick it up after release - had too bad an experience with Brink to buy into another £30 PC game that I'm not entirely confident in.

This, I know plenty of girl gamers that play Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor and similar games :p
Unless my girlfriend can shoot someone in the head, she's not happy with a game :rolleyes:.

It was no more different than playing quake with bots. The game controls are no different, the game format is no different than quake (such as moving around).

You may already be saying that it was developed in the UDK engine so its "bound" to be the same, but not EXACTLY the same. The game is no different than quake, its basically just a modification with the addition of female models and cosmetic jokes.
What FPS ISN'T like Quake (and Wolfenstein 3D)?

It's going to dissapoint EVERYONE. After all, it's gotten lifetime vaporware achievement awards and has been in one form or development for well over a decade. It's still Duke Nukem, and he REALLY needs to get to a convenience store and get some more gum damnit... he keeps running out!

Personally, as long as they'll let modders make their own levels like back in the day I'll be happy. Someone had damn well better use it to make the DN3D with the new engine, and make a sequel to the old Penthouse map :) Yes, I know someone already redid DN3D with either Unreal or the Half-Life engine.

Because I hear more women saying "I don't like video games" than I do "I'm a girl gamer."

Most of them don't like it because of the violence in them. For example, my brother's girl-friend (two words separated) questioned "men like to shoot things?" Especially when I'm playing COD4.

Top Bottom