Resource icon

[DS] Auto Lock Threads 2.2.1

No permission to download
Actually, this release doesn't support locking all threads in specific forums. I am working around how to do it, so any suggestions on what you would like to see on ACP for that feature is appreciated :)

The suggestion to lock all threads based in date creation/inactivity date is interesting, I will look at it as well.

Reactions: UKD
Any updates on updating it so it auto locks after x amount of days? Let me know what it will take to help you get this done :)

Thanks Darksign!

Yes, ideally all threads (past and present) will be locked after a specified number of days.

It would also be nice to have a notice displayed automatically on threads that the add-on closed to alert the user that a thread is closed and to either start a new discussion or contact a moderator to open an old thread.

I'm pretty sure you can Auto-Lock after "x" amount of days:

BxmfHh.png

3rd option, just post the amount of days you want.

Yes it does auto lock for amount of days, but we need ALL threads locked after x amount of days.

Really is an useful tool so we can filter those active and inactive so others don't waste their time replying to them.

Any updates on updating it so it auto locks after x amount of days? Let me know what it will take to help you get this done :)

Thanks Darksign!

No update on the feature so far. I have been busy with college assignment and paid freelance works. As this is a free add-on, its development is not a high priority for now. But I am keeping notes of all requests.

Yes, ideally all threads (past and present) will be locked after a specified number of days.

It would also be nice to have a notice displayed automatically on threads that the add-on closed to alert the user that a thread is closed and to either start a new discussion or contact a moderator to open an old thread.

That is what I am thinking. To make an option on ACP that will be "Auto Lock all threads after X days from creation date". Is that it? Or are you thinking about making a range of threads to be closed after X days? Starting from creation time, or from the time that it is set? Depending on the answer, it will be easy/hard to do :rolleyes:

By max post work fine... but when i define but limit time, show this error. Anyone know whats the issue?

Another bug? Oh my, I will take a look at it. I didn't have problems, but I will test it on other installations, and address this issue as soon as possible. Thanks for letting me know.

That is what I am thinking. To make an option on ACP that will be "Auto Lock all threads after X days from creation date". Is that it? Or are you thinking about making a range of threads to be closed after X days? Starting from creation time, or from the time that it is set? Depending on the answer, it will be easy/hard to do :rolleyes:

I would like to see all existing or new threads locked if the last post in the thread is older than a specified number of days. Creation date and last post date could lead to different results, so you'll get a more accurate result if you go by last post date.

Ah, I understood! Will look at how to do it. I know I need to learn how to make a Cron Job for such situations. Right now, the add-on auto locks after sending the reply, but for this case, a Cron Job is required. Thanks.

Dark,

What I and a few other people need to do is lock threads X amount of days after they were created.

Example: Lock 30 Days After Thread is Created In A Specific Forum or All Forums. Of course an exception could be if he bumps the thread but if that is to hard to program than just locking threads automatically from the time created is what we need. This should be automatic and can either apply to all forums or a specific forum or whatever is easier for you, it doesn't matter to me.

What will it take for you to get this done even though I know you're busy but just let us know what it will take from us ;)

Top Bottom