Resource icon

Unmaintained [DS] Auto Lock Threads 2.2.1

No permission to download
Let's your threads being auto locked after a limited number of posts, or after a Date/Time, or even after some Interval.
Good for games threads, spam threads and event threads.

Installation
  1. Upload the DS folder to your XenForo's /library folder (ex: /www/html/forum/library).
  2. Go to ACP -> Add-ons -> Install Add-on -> Install from Uploaded File
  3. Select the addon-DSAutoLockThreads-x-x.xml file
  4. Click Install add-on
  5. Wait for the system to finish installing it
Upgrading
  1. Upload the folder as explained on item 1 of Install procedure, overwritting the files
  2. Go to ACP -> Add-ons -> Auto Lock Threads -> Upgrade -> Upgrade from Uploaded File
  3. Select the addon-DSAutoLockThreads-x-x.xml file
  4. Click Upgrade add-on
  5. Wait for the system to finish upgrading it
Observation:

PHP 5 >= 5.3 version required for it to work.
Developed using XenForo 1.0.4. Prior versions were NOT tested by me. It may or may not work on them. Compatible with 1.1.

On the file name, x-x corresponds to the released version (1.0, 2.0, etc)

Usage
  1. Every thread now will show a new link, Auto Lock Options
  2. By clicking on this link, it will open a form overlay, where you can set the limit for the thread.
  3. Input the maximum number of posts allowed, or fill the date/time accordingly, or fill the interval
  4. From ACP -> Applications -> Node Tree -> List Limited Threads, you can check which threads have the auto lock feature, and you can clean the limit any time, clicking on the red X button
  5. That ACP section now have the View thread link, that will open the referred thread in another tab/window, and that is now better organized, filtering threads limited by posts or by date/time
  6. Threads with an Interval will be showed as limited by date/time as well
Change log

v2.2.1
  • Updated code to work with 1.1

v2.2
  • Fixed a bug with the Post limit.
  • Added the Limit by Interval feature, as requested
  • Edited the look and feel of the overlay
v2.0
  • Added a lot of phrases to the system, all prefixed with ds_
  • Added new templates, as the form overlay
  • Added the Limit by date/time feature as requested
  • Prevents the Auto Lock Options link to appear, if the thread is already locked
  • Edited the ACP section, now with better readability, and thread link opening in new tab/window
v1.1
  • Added the link to the limited thread on ACP
  • Changed the phrase Delete on the Delete Button to Clear Limit
  • Added the Limit Lower Than Current Posts Count check
Screenshots

v1.0 - 1.1

v2.0

v2.2

Notes

The Date/Time limit is based on the current SERVER time!!

It's my first add-on. It's here so you can test it, so it may not work so well on your forum as it worked on mine. I know it's not perfect, but got easy on me. If that interests you, then test it and post some feedback. Suggestions and critics are all welcomed. I hope to do more works in the future.
Also, thank you all the development community here, for sharing all your experiences and tips on developing for XenForo. That helps a lot. And a special thanks for Syndol, the one who always listens to my newbies questions.

Donation
If you want to support me, and the development of future add-ons, you can donate any value to my paypal.
Author
DarkSign
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest updates

1. Trying to make the file available again

Let's see if this time my file is available ;)
  2. The resource file

The heck happened?! Here is the resource file for 2.2.1
  3. Compatible with 1.1 now!

The code was fixed, so it is now working with 1.1. Report any bugs you may found.

Latest reviews

working well
Good Idea! But i want member can set Auto Lock. (Bid Forum).

Sorry for my English
DarkSign
DarkSign
Thank you for reviewing!
And that suggestion seems like it will be a derivative project then, as the actual product relies on a lot of admin services. I will see what I can do.
Top Bottom