1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Drift from Audentio Design

Discussion in 'Resource Discussions [Archive]' started by Mike Creuzer, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Hello XenForo Community!

Here is a design I am currently working on and was hoping to hear some feedback! :D

This theme will allow you to add your own banner from the stylevars. It will also allow you change the color from the default (blue) to green, red, orange, any color you choose using our AD Styler that we used on our latest theme, Class.

The idea is that you will be able to make a custom solution very very easily, for no matter what kind of forum you have. I am even considering making a light option that can be toggled from the admin side. A preview of that will come later on.

So, any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
    adin, Hyperion, Erik and 13 others like this.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

One word really: Wow! Looks amazing Mike, I would prefer a light theme but we could prolly do that with the syle chooser.
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  3. Mike Creuzer

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it. And yes, I was thinking of doing a light theme. With the click of the button it turns to a white based theme instead of black. It would require a hell of a lot of work, but I do believe it might be the first of its kind, and XenForo makes it easier than any other platform by far.
    yavuz likes this.
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I'm not generally a fan of dark styles but this one looks very nice, may pick it up to give the users and option.
  5. Mike Creuzer

I added in a light version to the first post, or just click here to view.
    Brandon Sheley, yavuz and Fuhrmann like this.
  6. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Mike Creuzer likes this.
  7. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

The light version is for me the best (y)

Do you have more screens ? (postbit, profil etc ...)
    Price ?
    When out ?
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  8. Vicros

Vicros Active Member

Wow..amazing work as usual bro.
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  9. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Awesome, I'm using Flexile and my users got very fond of the Flexile Blue. It looks like an easy thing to do to make a blue theme out of it. It's gonna be a dificult decision to make to choose either Class or Drift. I really like of them :)
  10. alexD

alexD Active Member

It's too dark for my taste. The contrast between the colored elements and the dark ones is quite irritating in the first two examples. I like the third one from the dark ones more, I guess, because the banner adds some motion to the whole style.
    A "lighter" dark style would be better (maybe http://dribbble.com/shots/166859-Forum ?).

The fourth style is one of the most beautiful styles for xenforo.

I don't understand the male/female concept and I'd suggest you to remove it. If you decide to keep it, fix its inner pic color in the light style, so it matches the forum icons. If you decide to remove it, let its background intact!
    a_c.png ?
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  11. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Now that's an amazing style!
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  12. Mike Creuzer

Thanks for your comments so far everyone.

I am going to work on those designs sometime this week. I plan to do a postbit similar to Class, I quite liked it. Simple yet elegant. I haven't thought of a price. I do claim to say that I will attempt to make this to be the most detailed and customizable forum theme the world has ever seen. It will be out a few weeks after 1.1 gold.
    XenForo default avatars show male and female avatars respectively for those that choose which gender they are and have not uploaded an avatar. If you have an uploaded avatar, it will show there instead. But I do think you're right about making it white instead of an overlay, it does look cleaner. Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely do that.
    Fuhrmann, alexD and yavuz like this.
  13. principia

principia Well-Known Member

very nice, i like the light one. good work.
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Not a fan of dark styles either, but this is very nice indeed.
    Very nice work, Mike!
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  15. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Love the light style ... very nice. (y)
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  16. Kelso

Kelso Member

Looks pretty slick, good job.
    Mike Creuzer likes this.
  17. Mike Creuzer

Thanks everyone! And I seem to be the only one that likes the dark style slightly more :p. But alright, I shall make the light version the default. :)
    yavuz, Allan and Fuhrmann like this.
  18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

No, actually I do like the dark style more, even tho I don't like dark styles. o_O
    yavuz likes this.
  19. Vicros

Vicros Active Member

I like them both, depending on my mood. So i say leave it dark as default and just allow us a white version to play with lol.
  20. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVE the light version. Any plans on release?
    Mike Creuzer likes this.