Fixed Draft saved after thread creation

CyberAP

Sometimes when you create a thread a draft is saved. So when you create another thread you see already filled text fields.

I just created a thread and waited until it said saved draft and then posted it. Went to post another thread but all was good. I had no draft show up.

This happened to my wife a couple days ago. After she had posted a thread, the saved content showed up again. Only happened once though.

In the same way drafts of posts are thread specific, drafts of threads are forum specific.

If you attempt to create a thread in the Bug Reports forum but don't post it, the draft will only show up if you attempt to create a thread again in that particular forum. I believe drafts are pruned after 24 hours.

The easy way around this is to just hit the "Delete draft" button before you leave the page.

snip.webp

Well I created 5 threads within the hour in this forum section so that proves the idea that the bug should be fixed :)

Mike describes the process here:
Mike said:
Auto save drafts
While you are typing a message, every X seconds (currently 60), a draft of your message will be saved. If you reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Drafts will be automatically pruned over time.
Each draft is associated with a particular piece of content, such as a thread, forum, or conversations. A draft reply that you start working on in thread 1 will not be shown to thread 2 and so forth.

I think this is a race condition that manifests itself a bit differently than with quick reply...

I believe this is fixed now, though if it's a race condition, the real proof will only be if it doesn't happen again. :)

Top Bottom