1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Draft saved after thread creation

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by CyberAP, Jun 25, 2013.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Sometimes when you create a thread a draft is saved. So when you create another thread you see already filled text fields.

2. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

As far as I know, this is expected behavior.

Just hit the "Delete draft" button before you leave the page.

3. CyberAP

Yeah, I did exactly that, but doing that more than once is really frustrating.

4. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

I agree. Have not tested but if this happens like you say then that would annoy me.

5. Hornstar

I just created a thread and waited until it said saved draft and then posted it. Went to post another thread but all was good. I had no draft show up.

6. Sportsoutlaw

Sportsoutlaw Member

This happened to my wife a couple days ago. After she had posted a thread, the saved content showed up again. Only happened once though.

7. Pereira

In the same way drafts of posts are thread specific, drafts of threads are forum specific.

If you attempt to create a thread in the Bug Reports forum but don't post it, the draft will only show up if you attempt to create a thread again in that particular forum. I believe drafts are pruned after 24 hours.

The easy way around this is to just hit the "Delete draft" button before you leave the page.

snip.PNG

CyberAP likes this.
  8. CyberAP

Well I created 5 threads within the hour in this forum section so that proves the idea that the bug should be fixed :)

9. Pereira

Mike describes the process here:

10. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

It's not a bug, though. It's working as designed.

11. CyberAP

It's a bug. Draft was saved after I posted a thread. I don't want to create exactly the same thread again.

12. Hornstar

It's a bug or it was a bug? You said above that it has not happened since and should be fixed. I still can't replicate it.

13. CyberAP

It's still a bug, it hasn't happened again yet because I hadn't posted more than one thread per forum since then.

14. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think this is a race condition that manifests itself a bit differently than with quick reply...

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I believe this is fixed now, though if it's a race condition, the real proof will only be if it doesn't happen again. :)

CyberAP likes this.