1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 downloaded 1.5.10 upgrade package and it's trying to do a full install?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by sross, Aug 31, 2016.

1. sross

sross Active Member

I copied over the files, went to the install directory and it's like it's trying to do a full install, any ideas?

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 11.30.50 AM.png

I've never run into this issue before. My downloaded package definitely says it's the upgrade package "_upgrade".

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The other possibility is that the files weren't "merged". This is somewhat dependent on the FTP application (by not merging, it effectively encourages data loss). If this is the case, then the data and internal_data directories may be missing entirely (along with library/config.php), which is potentially a major problem. If that's really what happened, you may need to restore a backup set of files before redoing the upload ("merging" with the existing files).

4. sross

sross Active Member

my bad, i think i actually missed a few files, re-upping and will try again. thanks

5. sross

sross Active Member

hmm ok not the problem since this is on my dev box will restore cpanel backup and investigate. Is there a way to verify i have the upgrade package and not the full install inspite of it ending with _upgrade? I've done a lot of these upgrades, never came across this yet. Thanks

6. Mike

The upgrade package only has minor differences -- notably, it doesn't include data/, internal_data/ or .htaccess. But those are essentially the only differences.

7. sross

sross Active Member

ok, tried running the upgrade again and it's still attempting to do a full install. According to this:

upgrade package verified
    location fine
    data and internal data exist

the last bit "To continue with the upgrade, you will need to ensure the correct details are in library/config.php and replace the internal_data/install-lock.php file."

not sure I follow but it seems to be a step after you restore data and internal_data which I don't need to do.

Could this be happening because I'm on a dev server which has htaccess lock or something like that?

Thanks

8. Mike

Do the library/config.php and internal_data/install-lock.php files exist?

9. sross

sross Active Member

ok, the config is now config.php.default which is odd but the lock file still exists, guess I just have to restore the config.php

10. Mike

Correct. If you had any add-ons installed, it's quite likely that their files within library/ have been removed as well.

11. sross

sross Active Member

Any idea how this happened when it's just an upgrade package? What can I do in the future to ensure this doesn't happen again? Thanks

12. sross

sross Active Member

ok i think i see what happened. It's my Mac ftp app "Transmit" by default it is overwriting the folder. For anyone else with a similar issue: