XF 1.5 Double Posts

JamesBrown

I have an increasing number of posters who double post every time.

I don't use tapatalk
I don't use responsive Adsense
Minimum Time between messages set at 20sec
Speaking to those affected, they are not on slow connections and only submit once
Changing browsers/clearing caches makes no difference

Any ideas? Thanks

this is an issue with XF since it was relesed and it never been solved, the only way to stop it is to put a 5-7 secs timeout between posts...and go to user group permission and dont allow them to bypass it
Mine's at 10 secs, but doesn't stop the double posts.
I believe it's likely an add-on that conflicts and overrides or bypasses, but never been able to figure out for sure, and which.

One of my users is double-posting every time and this is on a fresh install (upgraded from vB4) with no add ons installed. He said his reply box isn't getting cleared when he hits post reply, whereas mine is getting cleared. Could that be a clue as to the cause of these double posts?

I have an increasing number of posters who double post every time.

- I don't use tapatalk
-Am using responsive Adsense but have disabled it the one below messages
- Minimum Time between messages set at 30sec
What else should i consider. Am looking to fix the double post issue in my board.

I am getting double posts frequently when I post from Chrome on my Android phone. The upper right hand bar just keeps going, and never confirms the posts is made. What happens, is you can refresh and it posts. I confirmed that if I went back to the forum, the post was actually posted, even though the waiting bar was still running.

Monitored response times on the server are between 225-300ms.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160617-153313.webp
    Screenshot_20160617-153313.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Got a message back from XF support trying to say my phone just happens to be losing connection during the millisecond after the post is made. SMH. Or possibility the server I OWN that is in a datacenter, with 200-300ms response times day/night on a 100MBPS connetion in the peer1 data center is the culprit. Seriously? Can't blame this one on Godaddy or Bluehost!

So a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone with 1.5GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM connected via wi-fi 2 feet away from the router, is able to post, but the millisecond later, doesn't get returned to the confirmation page, and it happens more than once? Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out. I could totally buy into that as a possibility, IF the post was not successful. Definitely something else going on, and it's somehow related to the mobile version of the site.

With that said, if anyone has any idea what else could be causing it, let me know.

Well @ActorMike, have you tried a different browser to eliminate that as an issue?
Have you tried it on a default style to eliminate any possibility of it being style specific?
As an admin - even if you don't allow other styles, you should still have the ability to use the default.

I've replied to the ticket. I can see ads inserted into the second post so in this case, it's likely caused by the custom JS added and how it is being evaluated when inserted with a reply.

Top Bottom