Don't come to work sick!

Fred Sherman

After sending another employee home for the day, I decided to rant here. Thanks in advance for indulging me...

Coming to work sick is not tough, dedicated or noble. Its stupid. Coming to work sick doesn't save me money because you didn't take the day off, it costs me money. Coming to work sick, is wrong.

When you come to work sick, you spread your sickness. Those 10 other employees you infected, the ones who no it is ignorant to come to work ill, they'll each be out three days. That is one month of lost production, compared to the 3 you alone would have cost. Not to mention the fact that 10 projects are now behind schedule isntead of just one.

Don't get me wrong, you are a valued employee. Thats why I want you to take care of yourself. But you are not more valuable than ten others

Do everyone a favor.When you are sick, stay the hell home.

I have the ability to work from home. So when I feel poorly and should not be around people, I can still work and not have to worry about such things as how crappy daytime TV is.

The worst is when people come into work on the verge of death with some exotic plague like virus. They proceed to host a meeting and mass things around. The entire time I am sitting in the corner thinking to myself... this isn't the way I intended to die, getting the plague from some jerk that owes me 5 bucks!

The worst is when people come into work on the verge of death with some exotic plague like virus. They proceed to host a meeting and mass things around. The entire time I am sitting in the corner thinking to myself... this isn't the way I intended to die, getting the plague from some jerk that owes me 5 bucks!

It's even worse when they get to cooking burgers on the grill
eek.png

You don't expect them t use sick days when they are sick do you? Then what do they do when they want to fake sick?

Just joking and I agree with you. Though do you have a set amount of sick days in your policy?

Top Bottom