XF 1.5 Does the node display order matter?

Apodictive

I am currently setting up my forum and was wondering if there are any issues with setting the display order or the nodes in increments of 10?

I am doing this to leave room for future node additions that I would want to place between two existing nodes, I just want to make sure that there are not and will not be any issues by doing it this way.

Right now I am numbering the nodes like 10, 20, 30 and so on, this way if I need to add one later between two nodes I can easily do it without having to do any reordering of the existing nodes. I am doing it all through the node tree.

Is this method of display order numbering ok?

Thanks in advance.

That's a good approach and what I typically recommend.

If you want to allow even more flexibility, you can increase the step to 20 or more.
Thanks Brogan, that's what I needed to know. I just wanted to make sure before I found out I would have to fix them later. :)

Is there any kind of limit as far as what you can number the nodes up to in XenForo? Meaning, is it ok to go to 100, 120 and so on?

I start at 30 and then increment in blocks of 40 - leaving a good bit of wriggle-room for changes later on (and there will be changes, there always are as your community develops), e.g.:

etc.

I start at 30 and then increment in blocks of 40 - leaving a good bit of wriggle-room for changes later on (and there will be changes, there always are as your community develops), e.g.:

etc.
Thanks for the input and reply, every bit of info helps. :)

I am planning on changes as much as possible. I am sure other things will come up along the way so I am trying to account for everything I can foresee.

P.S. Love your logo and node icon on your forum. ;)

Top Bottom